Mad Moxxi - holy crap is it long

#11TheSocialBunnyPosted 1/23/2010 7:25:48 PM
In retrospect, I actually really enjoyed Mad Moxxi, but the one thing I really wish they had done was provide much more incentive to play the 20 round tournaments. At that level of endurance and difficulty, it would have made perfect sense to have all orange weapons spawn exclusively after round 15 and guaranteed 3 dark orange weapons in Round 20, if not an even bigger reward like a completely unique new weapon, especially since you're foregoing experience and proficiency in the whole process of slaughtering some 1600 people.
#12CovieEngineer(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2010 6:03:48 AM
Here are some ways to improve Mad Moxxi.

1. Reduce the death penalty for single players!! Jesus H. Christ, setting you back an entire round can mean a loss of 9 waves--and it could happen with a single unlucky mutator. Naked on a Wave 4 = ragequit.

2. Loot Rarity!!!! SERIOUSLY, LOOT RARITY!!! TWO WHITES AND A BLUE AFTER EACH ROUND IS NOT A REWARD!!!! It should be that every round we're guaranteed an orange drop.

3. More enemy types. Those who've purchased Zombie Island should have those zombies included in the arena. Having completed two arenas, all I've seen are human enemies and like, four skags and a bunch of guardians. Somebody please increase enemy variety. Although, I don't know if this will happen after the "prove yourself" missions, so who knows.
#13ChronoKel11Posted 1/24/2010 9:05:00 PM
A buddy and I were doing arena today, and got the health drain effect. When kill a couple enemies, then notice the radar is empty. We ran around looking for an enemy in vain as the clock ticked down. That really sucked.
#14ShaidonPosted 1/31/2010 2:02:47 PM
Well, I did the first arena and notice something right in the end.
When I finished the last boss round and she give you 10s I saw a weapon right above her tower and disappeared when the counter reached 0.

So my guess is that she will spawn a equip after each boss fight, and gives you 10s to pick it up.

---
There are plenty of eyecandy games out there that gave cavity in my eyes! ~ me.
#15adilor15Posted 1/31/2010 2:37:26 PM
Yeah, the game doesn't exactly advertise it, but she does drop 2 or 3 random weapons after each boss wave.
---
"You get high and low blood pressure at the same time? So you explode?"~jedimika