Custom Map?

#1bbdbbddPosted 7/12/2010 5:14:38 PM
I was just on youtube, and saw a video of borderlands and a guy had made a custom map with a pearlescent weapon spawner. I want to put it on my borderlands so I can get those guns on my cheat character (I have a normal one, and one for mods and cheats). How can I get this into the game?
---
Gamer Extraordinare
#2TwiztedMetalPosted 7/28/2010 9:29:54 AM

Make sure you have all the DLC or this will not work.

This is a few map packs not just the one shown I compiled this together and made the instructions for my Clan (TF2) You are all welcome to do it if you got the knowledge and know how.

Shameless Plug: www.krossclan.com

http://krossclan.com/maps/Borderlands_Oasis_Pack.zip

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
STEP ONE - Copy Files
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

#########################################################################################

Place All Files from the CookedPC Folder

if you bought retail
C:/Program Files/2k Games/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC

if you bought Steam
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC

#########################################################################################

Place All Files from the Scrap Folder

if you bought retail
C:/Program Files/2k Games/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC/Maps/Scrap

if you bought Steam
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC/Maps/Scrap

Place the MapSlots Folder into the Maps Folder (Yes copy Paste the whole folder not just the files)

if you bought retail
C:/Program Files/2k Games/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC/Maps

if you bought Steam
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC/Maps

Place All Files from the Binaries Folder

if you bought retail
C:/Program Files/2k Games/Borderlands/Binaries

if you bought Steam
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Borderlands/Binaries

Place All Files from the Borderlands Folder

if you bought retail
C:/Program Files/2k Games/Borderlands

if you bought Steam
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Borderlands

Place All Files from the Packages Folder

if you bought retail
C:/Program Files/2k Games/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC/Packages

if you bought Steam
C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Borderlands/WillowGame/CookedPC/Packages

STEP Two - Run Patch

Locate the Borderlands root directory - C:/Program Files/2k Games/Borderlands or C:/Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/Borderlands

Run either the fix.bat (for xp/vista) or the Win7_fix for win7.

Here is a list of things you can do if the patch doesn't install properly.
Make Sure everything is Extracted to the correct directory
For Vista/Win7 run under Admin & or Disable UAC
Turn off any Anti-Virus/Firewall
Turn off the Read only for the entire Borderlands Directory.
Right click the Borderlands folder go to the Security Tab and edit the current user (who is logged on) to have full control of the borderlands directory and its subfolders.

STEP Three - Getting to The Oasis

1.In Windows Explorer go to My DocumentsMy GamesBorderlandsWillowGameConfig folder.
2.Open the Willowinput.ini file and search (ctrl+f) for ConsoleKey.
3.Change this to ConsoleKey=Tilde and save.
4.Run the game
5.When the main screen loads press the Tilde(~) key to open the console.
6.Type "Show" (no quotes) You will see a few commands pop up. Ignore them.
7.Close the console.
8.Select Single Player
9.Select your main character. Note: Nothing will happen. This is normal. - Note: Your game will not do anything it acts as if it froze up don't be alarmed just move to the next step.
10.Press the Tilde key(~) and open the console.
11.Type "Open W_Scrap_Oasis_P" (No quotes)
12.Now that your in The Oasis run around the hub until you see a message saying something like "You have discovered outpost oasis" at the top of the screen. (I found out that by running to the right, up through the door near the claptrap and back to the New-U station works.)
13.After you see the message exit the game(making sure to save). Exit and restart Borderlands. You will be able to Fast Travel to the Oasis from any New-U station. Note: You should have completed the fast travel network mission in order to see the oasis at a New-U station.

Important Note: Make sure you Restart the game after Discovering The Oasis or else you wont be able to leave The Oasis until you do. Once you come back in everything works as it should but with a ton more content.

Oasis Porta Info
The reason all of them do not work is because people are working on maps for the specified teleporter.
Here are the ones that work

2.The Crows Nest
3.PearlSpawn
4.Knoxx Fast Travel Hub
6.All Official DLC Fast Travel Hub
19.The Fifth Column
20.The Abandoned Base