Noclip/ghost yet?

#1jgoodwin1981566Posted 9/8/2010 2:11:43 PM
Has anybody found a way to make the console useful so you can noclip, or found another way to do it, There is a claptrap i want to explore in fyrestone, but there are invisible walls all the way around him
---
*insert witty comment here*
#2HeWhoYerfsPosted 9/8/2010 7:06:04 PM
The best you can do that I've been able to find anyone actually say is low gravity, which is enough to get to that claptrap and see a lot of interesting background details (most of which aren't solid). It may be possible to use binds to switch gravity between positive and negative to kind of.. fall indefinitely, but I haven't tried that.

If there is a noclip type thing, I haven't been able to find anyone who's actually posted what it is publically where I can see it. Heh.
---
Prancin' aboot with me head full of eyeballs since '07
My Spore stuff: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Errick
#3wanderzPosted 9/9/2010 12:27:02 PM
i wouldn't set gravity to a positive number, i tried zero with the last remnant which uses the same engine i believe.. and the game wouldn't work... you can lower it fine (in both games) but to low and it causes problems.. launching huge things in an rpg are pretty funny.

for borderlands i changed the gravity to -200 and it actually works ok good for regular gameplay, i've gotten stuck i think twice, both times in the same spot probably.. and you can probably get stuck there even without the gravity alteration.
i can get to that claptrop in fyrestone no problem, you need to jump on the rocks from the road and walk / jump around the rocks to get to him, but he doesn't do anything anyway.. the option to interact with him doesn't come up.. of course i only tried it early in the game, not sure if there is a point when it can do something or they forgot to activate it or what.

now i need to reinstall last remnant and start all over.. forgot to save my files when i upgraded to windoze 7.
---
How is it windows 7? it's at least the 9th version.. windows, 1, 2, 3, 95, 98, ME, xp, vista.. 7? that's not even counting NT and windows server versions.
#4HeWhoYerfsPosted 9/9/2010 1:41:04 PM
I really ought to play more of The Last Remnant, for that matter. I never finished it, but I really like it. I ended up restarting with the "equip anyone with anything" code because I wanted more control over who uses what. And I really do like the story but I just never got around to finishing it.

But that has nothing to do with Borderlands so.. let's see.

The most interesting/odd thing I found with low grav so far is Sledge's Safehouse, the area on the way there, if you leap around (not over, since they're really tall) the invisible walls at the entrance, a lot more of the area around Fyrestone is modelled than I would expect. It's lower detail and nothing's there but it's solid. I assume they left a bit in so you could see it through the pipe, but it goes all the way back to Fyrestone. That's a lot more than you can see from the part of the map you're supposed to be able to enter.
---
Prancin' aboot with me head full of eyeballs since '07
My Spore stuff: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Errick