How does Playthrough 2 work in regards to Playthrough 1?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. How does Playthrough 2 work in regards to Playthrough 1?
5 years ago#1
I've beaten the final boss, and now when I go to load the game I get two options: Playthrough 1, and Playthrough 2.

When I load Playthrough 1, it's exactly the same as I left it. What happens when I select Playthrough 2? Does my character transfer over to a new game intact and erase the Playthrough 1 save in the process? Or are they interchangeable (For instance, my character is the same regardless of the Playthrough I select, only quests and such are different)?

Or have I by winning the game frozen my character as they'll start in Playthrough 2? For instance, I continue to play Playthrough 1 and gain a few levels. Will, when I select Playthrough 2, begin a new game with my character as they are after the levels are gained?
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon
5 years ago#2
You can bounce back and forth between playthroughs without messing up your save. Playthrough 2 just starts you off at the beginning with your character intact. Just think of it as a harder difficulty level.
5 years ago#3
Capital! Thank you for answering my query. Another:

When, upon completion of the second playthrough, am I able to start a third playthrough with my character? As in, another reset of quests and such?
"If you're going to be a mod, you should work harder to get rid of your humanity. It's creepy." ~ Monker to The Paragon
5 years ago#4
After you finish PT 2, the quests don't reset, but the enemies in PT 2 all scale up to your level, assuming you've fully patched the game.
They circled the Earth three times and then vanished!
http://www.last.fm/user/Weebo126/
5 years ago#5
Darn, that sorta sucks. I hope they'll make the New Game+s infinite, like in Chrono Trigger, with another patch.

Well, I guess I'll avoid the sidequests until I get to the end, then...
5 years ago#6
Make sure you get the DLC. There are currently 4. The 3rd one, General Knoxx, raises the level cap to 69.
5 years ago#7
The 3rd DLC raises the cap to level 61. The 1.4.1 title patch increased the cap by eight levels, regardless of which DLC you own.
Thus: Someone with Borderlands pre-1.4.1 and no Knoxx will have a cap of 50. Someone with Borderlands 1.4.1 and no Knoxx will have a cap of 58. Someone with Borderlands pre-1.4.1 and Knoxx will have a cap of 61. Finally, someone with Borderlands 1.4.1 and Knoxx will have a level cap of 69.

I really, really wished they turned the level scaling on before the end of PT2. If you do pretty much any DLC in PT1, you'll be overlevelled throughout the entirety of PT2.
John Magnum
Master of Subtlety
5 years ago#8
But wait assuming I got all DLC, the patch, that I finished playthrough 2 and that I want to play the expansions with enemies scaled to my lvl. How does this work, do I need to get to 69 before the enemies will scale or can I start the expansions at lvl 50 then?
"I'll see you guys at dinner"
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. How does Playthrough 2 work in regards to Playthrough 1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived