How to install the DLC correctly (STEAM)

#1FelixTrapperPosted 4/19/2011 12:13:52 PM
Just thought a lot of people might be wondering this with the recent sale on steam.

1. Start the game and copy the Zombie Island CD Key to your clipboard.
2. Find a New-U station anywhere in the game
3. Select "Jakobs Cove". It will start loading Jakobs Cove.
4. Press ALT+TAB to downsize the game. You should see a pop up on your desktop. If not, maximize the game again and you will see it.
5. If your mouse is glitching, use tab to find your way to the "Next" button, enter your CD-Key with ctrl+V for paste, then submit.
6. It will say it is verifying your CD-KEY and show a status bar. For me, the status bar would show no progress or activity for about 20 seconds. Then it would suddenly go from 0-100%.
7. You will then load into the new DLC area.

Repeat the same steps but for Moxxie's DLC key, and select the Underdome instead of Jakobs Cove.
---
"Uwee hee hee! Don't tease the octopus, kids!" -Ultros
#2Phazor58Posted 4/20/2011 1:04:07 AM
Thanks for this. Tried to go to Jakobs Cove and Steam wouldn't let me shift+tab to copy the code, so the game ended up crashing. Had to copy it beforehand.
---
PSN: Phazor58 (Put gamefaqs/gamespot in the message or I will not add you)
Steam: Phaz (Augustus Caesar avatar)
#3Death SIayerPosted 4/20/2011 2:05:55 AM
Too bad there's no way to just go to a windowed mode and do it... or is there?
---
"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You can't stare at it long, it's too risky. You get a sense of it then you look away."
#4laxxe23Posted 4/20/2011 10:35:21 AM
alt+enter = window mode
---
If a wood chuck could chuck wood how much would could you pay to watch the wood chuck chuck?
#5LobsterDandyPosted 4/20/2011 10:14:52 PM
Holy cow, what happened? I never had this problem when I installed the bundle pack with the game and all DLC.
---
GURPSŪ Fourth Edition: The Ultimate Immorality Simulator
Steve Jackson: The Father of Immorality