Windows, you bastard!

#1JimiMorrison187Posted 4/12/2012 12:23:46 AM
Goddamn thing auto update mother f***er restart son of a b**** right in the middle of fighting Knoxx and almost dead you mother f***ing bastard.

That felt better.

How do you turn that s*** off? Doesn't even warn you. Just restarts to configure these stupid updates.

---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg
#2JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 12:33:51 AM(edited)
Oh god...I thought I was truly f***ed for a minute. It showed me back on th emission "PRison Break" and it was completed, but it was still active. Luckily Armory Assault was still there.

I was about to throw my computer into the wall...XD

---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg
#3scottrand05Posted 4/12/2012 4:48:53 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
How do you turn that s*** off? Doesn't even warn you. Just restarts to configure these stupid updates.

START>WINDOWS UPDATE>Change settings

I don't do automatic updates at all.
#4JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2012 5:03:22 AM(edited)

START>WINDOWS UPDATE>Change settings

I don't do automatic updates at all.

Ended up putting it to don't download. Coulkn't believe it when it happened.

Wish I could tone down the XP I've been getting. Get way too much now even trying to avoid fights a lot. Almost everything in this gives me 5K or more for each kill. Gonna be Level 69 in no time. Beat the armory right quick and that's all good, but I have the entire vanilla game side quests left and the other 2 DLCs still (f*** Moxxi and that boring DLC).

---
Because **** You is why
#5JaphascaPosted 4/16/2012 12:04:14 AM
Xp totally depends how you play it. I didn't play this at all until the GOTY edition came out, so on PT1 with only the final quest left, I did PT1 of all the DLC once I had nothing but teh last quest left. All of the DLC was a breeze, with negligible XP and useless drops (but still fun.)

PT 2, I did the same thing. Guess what? Zombie Island scales automatically (keep in mind I did a poor job of specializing in weapons, so my low proficiency led to my upcoming problems.) It was hard, but I beat it.

Knoxx didn't scale at first. Beat it pretty easily, unlocked scaling content, and left the last armory runs until max level.

Claptrap DID scale right away, and I literally couldn't kill my first bad-ass (or whatever title at that level,) of the humans in the junkyard. Not at all. Need more proficiency (I was 20-25 in everything.)

I guess it flows better if you played as it all came out, but that's just what I'm told.
---
Funny how GameFaqs tags the word "faqs" as mispelled.
#6JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 3:59:22 AM
See...I plowed through the main quest twice to keep the game well over my level. By the end of part 2 I was only around Level 45 and the enemies were 3-5 levels above me. Took a REALLY long time to finish some fights. Hell...some boss fights the minions were respawnign before I could even kill the boss I was so under powered in comparison. This was a good challenge most of the way and blew away my experience the first time using Lillith and just playing like a normal person might play this game.

The last level I went in around 46 and instead of skipping that last area with a fast travel like I should have I tried to be slick and get all the guardians to fight the soldiers and leave me alone. That didn't work out too well so I ended up having to kill A LOT of enemies and by the end I effectively was up to Level 49.

That said, the fights are alwas good, but the XP is so high for anywhere I go in the game that I forsee myself getting to 69 before I get anywhere close to finishing the side quests I have left. Still ahven't finished Knoxx side quests even after beating that and scaling it because I wanted to save the armory quests for when I was higher level. Have to do Robot Rev, and Zombie Island still and am right around 60 already. Not to mention I have at least 20-30 side quests left in the main game as well. I didn't do a single side quest in PT 1 other than the Claptrap rescue missions, nor any DLC.

Maybe level 60-69 requires much more XP to level up. I haven't really noticed it being that much more as I am sitting on the edge of 61 already. The vanilla game side quests give a little less XP though so I am doing all those first I think before the DLC just to savor it a little more. Enemies are all badasses everywhere I go though so it is still a good amount of XP either way. I think the doubled the amount of enemy spawns too at this level since some areas I know there are a lot more than normal.

I assume most people don't acare about this though and are in it more for the weapons. For me...I guess getting to 69 makes the game over for me. Doing quests for worse weapons than I can find in chests makes no sense. without some sort of XP reward. Like how in Fallout: NV I was maxed out before I even got to New Vegas just from exploring. Made that game utterly unplayable for me.
---
Have you actually read the Bible?
#7scottrand05Posted 4/16/2012 4:46:33 AM(edited)
I think the doubled the amount of enemy spawns too at this level since some areas I know there are a lot more than normal.

This happens in PT2, not just PT2.5. Not all areas have extra enemies, though. They increase the number of spawn "waves" rather then the number of enemies.

I assume most people don't acare about this though and are in it more for the weapons

If you are careful and plan it right (of course, you have to be experienced in the game and basically have it completely memorized, and some luck as well in the actual enemies that spawn), you can finish all missions before level 69. But you are correct in that most people play past level 69 to farm only. Myself, I just "retire" a character (or delete it altogether) and start a new one.
#8JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 5:53:04 AM
Think I will retire the guy as well when I am to 69. Still need to use Brick and the Soldier. Probably will not bother with Brick. IF there is one class I hate in games it is close combat types that use shotguns and melee. Not a fan of the brute force approach. Just seems so...unskilled to play that type of character.. I suppose I could turn him into a sniper though so it may not be so bad...lol
---
http://dudelol.com/DO-NOT-HOTLINK-IMAGES/my-favorite-day-man.jpg