how to duplicate items

#1Mujinfu25Posted 1/13/2010 8:50:34 PM
anyone else know how? cause i figured a way how to and i didn't see any on youtube the way i did it
if anyone wants to know, post.

and if you don't use modded weapons you need to find a sniper called liquid orion probably one of the best or the best sniper in the game
#2insigniterPosted 1/13/2010 10:26:53 PM
how?
#3justthedude2002Posted 1/13/2010 10:54:22 PM
i would think a save file swap gifting dealy would do it....
---
That is all,
The Dude
#4Mujinfu25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2010 11:00:56 PM
1. Go to splitscreen

2. Load your character in 1st player spot and load your player again in 2nd player spot. You'll get a message saying you cant do this or something and it will then show second player as level 1. Start your game now.

3. When the game is loaded you will have player 2 which is a copy of player 1. So with player 1 drop all desired guns, mods, and shields. Let player 2 pick them up and leave the game.

4. Now go back to splitscreen and load a different character at player 1 and load player 2 as the character you copied (player 1 from the second step) and start game. You will see that player 2 has duplicates of the items player 2 picked up from the first time. Leave the game and enjoy single player with duplicates of the items you got or sell them, just repeat, and give gifts to people online.

Anyone who does this check to see if this works for the backpack upgrade item? If you can drop it that is. Thanks to anyone who finds this out.
#5justthedude2002Posted 1/13/2010 11:03:30 PM
how do people play and not have enough weapons?
---
That is all,
The Dude
#6Mujinfu25(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2010 11:05:37 PM
its a way to get money fast and if you have friends that wanted a gun you have you can then do this to give them one or random people
#7RedgenPosted 1/14/2010 4:47:05 AM
Not much use here since vendors rarely have anything good. Even then, I used to hold onto everything I find and sell it later for a large sum of cash. May as well do something while you make money, ya know?

Also, IMO, cyclops is the best sniper type. Those things have some hardcore scopes on them.

---
Loving Borderlands!
Mordecai: 21 Lilith: 29 Roland: 50 Brick: 15
#8Cody14WPosted 1/14/2010 5:59:01 AM

The way i dupe for people online is, They goto a place like New Haven and than i drop the guns were gonna dupe, they pick them up, than run to the save post, let it save than they run back to me and drop the items and than i kick them out of the room and than invite them back and they should still have the weapons.

btw do you have a orion sniper?

#9BessenStockPosted 1/14/2010 6:11:04 AM

It's easy.

1. Player host (online works too).

2. Drop guns.

3. ???

4. Player that dropped guns, turn the console off. Don't walk around because of the autosave. Oh, and profit.

#10Cody14WPosted 1/14/2010 6:12:14 AM

BessenStock posted...

It's easy.

1. Player host (online works too).

2. Drop guns.

3. ???

4. Player that dropped guns, turn the console off. Don't walk around because of the autosave. Oh, and profit.

that would potentially corrupt theyre game saves and even if it didnt it could make the HDD on your ps3 go bad from not turning it off correctly.