Question about WillowTree and Gear Calculator

#1Athirst5IoNPosted 3/27/2012 8:11:31 AM
Before anyone gets mad... I have completed both playthroughs and all the dlc multiple times., but recently began using WillowTree to create some awesome legit weapons that I had never found in the game.

I noticed where you can add different titles and prefixes to guns in Gear Calculator and get there effects (such as 'twisted', 'shredder' and 'anarchy'), so I've began messing with this some to make some non legit guns just for kicks (I do not get online with these guns so relax).

Im trying to create a sniper rifle that uses the corrosive power from the tech prefix 'Prefix_Tech.Prefix_DTCorrosive4_Pestilent', but that doesn't seem to do anything. Why does using the titles and prefixes for 'twisted' and 'shredder' give a weapon there effects but not ones such as 'Pestilent'? Am I doing something wrong?

Please respond with any advice or wisdom on this. Again, I am not using this to get online and annoy other gamers with. I just find it fun creating and messing around with the weapons on this game.
#2ToadwarttPosted 3/27/2012 10:20:32 AM
Lol, not mad but I always have to laugh when I hear "legit" and willow in the same sentence.
---
We are ATLAS!
69 Mordecai, 69 Lilith & 69 Roland
#3scottrand05Posted 3/27/2012 10:47:18 AM
You need to create the necessary accessory parts as well as titles for some things to "work".

As far as "legit" weapons (read: construct) go, once you start creating them it is going to be hard to tell apart from the ones you actually found; and if you do go online you aren't going to be able to tell the real legitimate ones from the constructed "legitimate" ones. I'm not going to bother to comment further on the made-up constructs never found in game.
#4YshnuPosted 3/27/2012 11:10:25 AM(edited)
Toadwartt posted...
Lol, not mad but I always have to laugh when I hear "legit" and willow in the same sentence.

I know where you're coming from. It's sort of like the young lady who claims that she's a little bit pregnant.

I am interested in knowing what kinds of weapons the OP created though. This would be a fun way to create more enjoyment out of the game. In the not too far distant future, we all could be playing this game offline and, if the servers are all yanked, it will become almost impossible to farm high-end weapons. So...why not have a contingency plan in place?

As for the question about prefixes, I don't know the answer. I can say that some of the player-created weapons are quite ridiculous in their power...sort of like the "Shredder Shredder" Draco I saw once. That thing doled out something like 250x4 damage. So I wonder if the "double" shredder creates a kind of double anarchy LMG.

---
PSN ID: XARNON
Now playing: Borderlands *Roland 69; Brick 69; Lilith 25; Mordecai 6*
#5scottrand05Posted 3/27/2012 12:31:06 PM
Yshnu posted...
In the not too far distant future, we all could be playing this game offline and, if the servers are all yanked

Now you're starting to sound like me...I've been doomsaying like that for 15 years about all servers.
#6Athirst5IoN(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2012 1:12:31 PM
scottrand05 posted...
You need to create the necessary accessory parts as well as titles for some things to "work".

As far as "legit" weapons (read: construct) go, once you start creating them it is going to be hard to tell apart from the ones you actually found; and if you do go online you aren't going to be able to tell the real legitimate ones from the constructed "legitimate" ones. I'm not going to bother to comment further on the made-up constructs never found in game.

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing that its the actual part and not the prefix or title that gives the defiler its effect. Also, don't worry about me not being able to tell the created weapons from the ones found in-game. I created a brand new character and that character is the only one that will be equipped with weapons made from willowtree. I won't be getting online with that character.

Yshnu, I used willowtree to create a Dahl PPZ570 D Desert Penetrator and a AX300 XX Savage Unforgiven Masher (two guns I've wanted for a loooong time).

p.s. when I say 'legit' I mean it is composed of a legitimate grouping of parts that could be found in game.
#7YshnuPosted 3/30/2012 5:43:57 AM
Athirst5IoN posted...
scottrand05 posted...

Thanks for the response. I'm guessing that its the actual part and not the prefix or title that gives the defiler its effect. Also, don't worry about me not being able to tell the created weapons from the ones found in-game. I created a brand new character and that character is the only one that will be equipped with weapons made from willowtree. I won't be getting online with that character.

Yshnu, I used willowtree to create a Dahl PPZ570 D Desert Penetrator and a AX300 XX Savage Unforgiven Masher (two guns I've wanted for a loooong time).

p.s. when I say 'legit' I mean it is composed of a legitimate grouping of parts that could be found in game.

Yeah, I know what you mean by legit. Basically you didn't hex edit anything, but only used legit parts. Cool beans. I have no problem with that.

What is the damage on that masher? Is it a 2-shot or 6-shot?
---
PSN ID: XARNON
Now playing: Borderlands *Roland 69; Brick 69; Lilith 25; Mordecai 10*
#8samsengirPosted 4/8/2012 5:55:09 PM
Athirst5IoN posted...
I noticed where you can add different titles and prefixes to guns in Gear Calculator and get there effects (such as 'twisted', 'shredder' and 'anarchy'), so I've began messing with this some to make some non legit guns just for kicks (I do not get online with these guns so relax).

Im trying to create a sniper rifle that uses the corrosive power from the tech prefix 'Prefix_Tech.Prefix_DTCorrosive4_Pestilent', but that doesn't seem to do anything. Why does using the titles and prefixes for 'twisted' and 'shredder' give a weapon there effects but not ones such as 'Pestilent'? Am I doing something wrong?

http://gearcalc.50webs.com

Check out this page and make sure [Auto-Naming] is unticked. Then scroll through some of the prefixes and titles to see what modifiers they confer on the weapon.
Only a few prefixes and titles do have any weapon modifiers, though so just have a little look through and experiment.

http://gearcalc.50webs.com/#sprspkkkpiiimjjkkffhoggkimmpnbbeizzxrssrjxxxxaagbxxwuppimttln

Try that for a slightly modified Corrosive semi-auto sniper. Noble is a prefix for repeaters that will never spawn in-game and gives a pretty big bonus to tech level especially.

You can also view a prefix/title modifier in WillowTree itself on the far right box when you highlight said prefix/title.
---
PSN: samsengir
#9Kitford001Posted 4/16/2012 7:19:42 AM

@Athirst5IoN

Both myself and Sam "The Spine" Sengir have mastered Willowtree (OK, i'm not amazing with HxD, but it works... most of the time). Should you have any questions, send me a message either through Gamespot or PSN.

I'll gladly help, should Sam be... preoccupied :lol:

PSN: Kitford001

#10HuuMaaNPosted 4/20/2012 12:22:06 AM
This link helped me understand the WT editor alot better.
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=110429
Using the willow tree made things fun for me again on this game. After pouring a insane amount of hours in this game I had to find something that kept it interesting..