So I feel stupid....

#1shaioneiPosted 4/28/2012 9:56:27 PM
I was playing online with this one guy we did about 3 missions together after a bit we decided to duel he was about 10 levels below me I am using mordecai lvl 37 he had lilith for some damn reason he was killing me with one shot using a pistol so I was like wtf? I asked him if I could see his gun telling him I would give it back and threw out my main sniper rifle to show him I was legit...well I accidentally threw out 2 good rifles and the ******* took both of them and proceeded to a way point thus saving the game before I could even realize that he was swiping my prized weapons I tried to quit the game hoping that I didn't save yet but it was too late and well damn I'm not so happy.....
#2StrongBlackVinePosted 4/28/2012 10:27:37 PM

You should feel like a dumbass I would never share weapons with a stranger.

#3samsengirPosted 4/29/2012 4:20:56 AM(edited)
He would have been using an illegitimate weapon created by a modder. Highly likely to have been a Stock repeater. Was he one hit killing all enemies around him?
It makes you wonder why they pick up weapons at all if they are just going to use weaponry like that.

What did you lose by the way?

Edit: :D @ ninja skillz.
#4YshnuPosted 4/29/2012 4:15:37 AM(edited)
shaionei posted...
I was playing online with this one guy we did about 3 missions together after a bit we decided to duel he was about 10 levels below me I am using mordecai lvl 37 he had lilith for some damn reason he was killing me with one shot using a pistol so I was like wtf? I asked him if I could see his gun telling him I would give it back and threw out my main sniper rifle to show him I was legit...well I accidentally threw out 2 good rifles and the ******* took both of them and proceeded to a way point thus saving the game before I could even realize that he was swiping my prized weapons I tried to quit the game hoping that I didn't save yet but it was too late and well damn I'm not so happy.....

What weapons did you lose?

Anytime someone wants to duel you like that, and they are a lower level than you, chances are about 100% that they are using a "stock" weapon of some sort. These are modded weapons that deliver over 200,000 damage in one shot. The stock shotgun does 214,000x7 damage. I saw one guy use one that also delivered shock damage.

Anyhow, let me know what you lost to this clown and I will replace it with something better.

Also, take my advice: Do not play public games with random players. That's the Borderlands equivalent of seeking out $3 hookers - not good. Instead, build up a network of trusted friends and play with them. You will develop close friendships and learn to trust one another, which makes playing Borderlands even more fun.

edit: LOL, great minds think alike. I was typing my response while samsengir was posting his.
---
PSN ID: XARNON
Now playing: Borderlands *Roland 69; Brick 69; Lilith 69; Mordecai 22*
#5shaionei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2012 5:23:50 AM
Yeah I just realized after lurking the board a bit that modding is quite common so I am sure it was a repeater I don't think he was using the weapon on normal enemies but when we decided to duel he pulled out a modded weapon I am sure of it. Anyways to the rifle I had I don't remember what manufacturer it was but it had about 660 damage 95 accuracy 1.0 weapon zoom and 180% critical hit bonuses +80% damage.
#6YshnuPosted 4/29/2012 6:41:24 AM(edited)
Ahhh, a sniper rifle. I have some that will fit you like a glove. Friend me and I'll look for you next time I'm on.

Oh, and you can ignore the stated 80% damage bonus, because that damage bonus is already included in the 660 damage. All you need is a weapon that is 660 or better. Personally I prefer highest accuracy possible with a combined rate of fire of 1 or better in sniper rifles. Magazines of 5 rounds or more are also nice, as is the critical damage bonus, preferably 200%.
---
#7YshnuPosted 4/30/2012 5:46:31 AM
Sorry I had to bail last night. My daughter's boyfriend came over to help me move a dresser up 2 flights of stairs, then I had to help my daughter with something after that. You were playing a game, so I didn't disturb you when I logged back on at 11pm.

I can say that 660 damage for a sniper rifle at level 37 is either non-existent or exceedingly rare. I combed through my mules and the best I could come up with were rifles in the high 400 range for that level. In fact, most level 43 rifles yield damage in the 500 range. I found some that dealt higher damage with a level 48 requirement, but that's far above level 37.

Anyhow, I have a Volcano for you that has a level requirement of 37 and damage in the high 300 range. I also have a couple of non-elemental rifles with level 43 requirements, if you want them.

As for that Kyros' Power you obtained - what is the level on that weapon?
---
#8shaionei(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 12:02:14 PM
That's fine no big deal right now I'm making it through pretty good in general knoxx with they kyros rifle it's pretty decent so although I've been getting my *** kicked by these huge jumping daddy long legs that I just can't kill....
#9samsengirPosted 4/30/2012 2:23:20 PM
Drifters?
I avoid them as much as I possibly can. :)

Just re-read your first message. I'm wondering now if he was trying to duplicate those items?
The method goes:
Host drops item.
Guest picks up.
Someone runs to a save point.
Guest drops item back down.
Host kicks guest.

That way the host gets his item back and the guest (being forced out of the game without autosaving the itemless inventory) also gets to keep a copy.
---
PSN: samsengir
#10YshnuPosted 4/30/2012 5:43:08 PM
*applause*
Mr. Samsengir, you know all the tricks. :)

As for Drifters, the only character I have successfully killed them with (without a vehicle) is Lillith. Give her a Tsunami and she will wreak havoc on them. She has escapability and with a level 6 shock artifact and a few points in Radiance, she can shower them with electricity when they close in. Still, there are much better things o do with your time in Borderlands.

Supposedly, Drifters have a higher chance to drop Pearlescents than any other regular enemy in the game, or so I read once on the Gearbox forums. I don't know if this is true or not, as I have never seen one drop from them (or any other enemy).
---