SO is this actually out in the USA? If so how is it? :)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Counter Force
  3. SO is this actually out in the USA? If so how is it? :)
8 years ago#21
I've seen it at the Navy Exchange in Guam oddly enough. Maybe I'll pick it up, I love old school SMUPS.
"I wish my grass was emo, so it would cut itself"
8 years ago#22
GEL - Heh.

One last question (I will be getting this at some point ;)

Just to check something... how do you lock on to enemies for the homing missiles?

I mean, does the game just start locking onto random enemies when you press C or do you lock onto enemies you pass the wiimote cursor over or something? ;-)

8 years ago#23
Seen it at the exchange in Sasebo, JP as well...
8 years ago#24
I just got this game today. I saw it for $20 at Best Buy and picked it up.
I dunno, to me it doesn't really seem worth buying. Almost wish I didn't purchase it. The game isn't completely awful but a rental is all that's needed imo.
8 years ago#25
Give it time. Took me about 5 plays before I "got" it. Also, I'm a BIG on-rails shmup fanatic.

As for lock-ons, they appear to be random-ish.

...and yes, once I find a copy of the game to play it some more I intend to write an FAQ and Review and maybe even do a Video Review on YouTube! XD
8 years ago#26
Oh, and MSRP is $30.
8 years ago#27
Okay, for any crazy people that still care, I'm doing it. I'm writing an FAQ for Counter Force.

I FINALLY found the game for sale as part of a "Value Pack" with MONSTER tRUX aReNAs for $30 (well that explains the MSRP!) and yeah, once I get back from my weekend trip to Chicago, I am going to write a Counter Force FAQ!
8 years ago#28

WOOT! Good, something to have for permanent reference ;-)

What's kinda depressing tho is if I had just seen the scant really low review scores for this game (like 20% out of 100 X-P) and never seen your thread, GEL, I probably would have dismissed this game as bad without much thought -_-

Oh and I'll be getting Cruis'n (Wii) at some point too. I liked Cruin USA on N64 (tho I never did get to play Cruisn World or Exotica on N64)

Ridiculously underhyped obscure games everyone else hates for the WIN ;-D

8 years ago#29
XD Have you tried this game yet?

Sorry, I just know that generally I'm the only guy that cares about Counter Force :P I'm...kinda waiting for that inevitable "actually dude, this game sucks..." from you XD

I mean *I* still like it but yeah, it's just a decent on-rails shooter :P I'm just...that desperate for an on-rails shooter! XD

Anyway, about Crusin'...umm...yeah. I have it. Not so good. Technically it's a port of The Fast and the Furious arcade game, but yeah, MASSIVE graphical downgrade. The N64 Crusin' games both look and play better. Aside from the high-def trophy girls, it's pretty poor even for Crusin' fans.

I still sapped some fun from it but it was very disappointing in general. If you do play though, Car Vaulting is the key to winning.

HOWEVER!!! I *HIGHLY* recommend Ghost Squad. The only reason it's so cheap is the short length. BIG plus on that.

Also, keep your eye out for Furu Furu Park from Taito:
Should be out in two weeks.
8 years ago#30
I just saw the video, and among all the apparent problems the music is AWESOME!!
Peter Petrelli for Brawl!
  1. Boards
  2. Counter Force
  3. SO is this actually out in the USA? If so how is it? :)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived