Best $7 I've spent for awhile

#1stargazer64Posted 12/17/2009 9:31:04 PM
I must say I am pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying this game. It's like Lords of Thunder and Sin and Punishment had a whacked out, low budget love child.

It takes a bit to get used to tilting the nunchuck like a flight stick, but it works shockingly well. And dodging left or right by swinging the nunchuck works better than it did in Okami.

Just in case anyone is confused by the two control schemes, I believe the "B to lock on, A to blast things to bits" is there to simplify things if you just want to shoot stuff. The default one (which has you mashing C to lock on, Z to fire lock-on missiles) is better for strategy but also harder on my left hand. Need to work on that :-)

---
Playing Muramasa is like being gloriously loved by a tender, probing tentacle; if you do not enjoy it you may be an empty human husk of a flesh popsicle.
#2stargazer64(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2009 9:33:31 PM
After reading IGN's review I must say I'm kinda amazed at how those guys can't figure out how to play games. He mentions how his 'Bot keeps drifting back toward the middle of the screen automatically, but he only thinks it's doing that b/c he doesn't realize that tilting the nunchuck is moving his character.

At least they nailed the guilty-pleasure aspect of the game.

---
Playing Muramasa is like being gloriously loved by a tender, probing tentacle; if you do not enjoy it you may be an empty human husk of a flesh popsicle.