GTA IV vs. Mafia 2

#1CptAsbjoernPosted 4/27/2008 11:54:19 AM
Which do you think will be the better?
#2sandspectrePosted 4/27/2008 2:12:10 PM

Well, first of all, we don't know if the game will be ported to the PC. Don't we?

GTA series always sells more, is more popular, with a greater fan-base, and GTA IV has multiplayer and Mafia II won't have.

Personally, I don't like GTA, they are typical console games, in other words, arcadish, but that doesn't mean that I won't buy GTA IV if it is ported for the PC, but I always will like a Mafia game more.

I think that, if everything goes well, Mafia II will have a better single-player experience, with that old school gangster films feel like Mafia I has.

GTA IV will won because its multiplayer feature.

In the end, I will buy both.

#3Malkovich_Posted 4/27/2008 2:15:28 PM
Mafia 2 will be a console game first and foremost, so I have a feeling what made the original Mafia such a great PC game wont be there.

---
Malkovich©
#4Delta-1984Posted 4/27/2008 2:31:35 PM
I don't know but from the screen-shots Mafia 2 looks much cooler than GTA 4. I like the first Mafia more than I do GTA San Andreas. I guess the difference was and is the feeling of the 2 games. Mafia has a specific style and flare and I couldn't find that something in GTA but I guess I will have to wait till they release GTA 4 for the PC. I just hope that GTA 4 will make it to the PC because I don't own an XBOX 360 or a PS3 and I sure as hell won't buy a console for a game. My computer is good enough for me to play all the next gen games.
#5LedZeppelin1977Posted 4/29/2008 2:09:51 PM
Mafia 2 aimed at the PC just like the 1st one was, I don't think the multiplayer thing will make that much of a difference, this game will blow GTA4 out of the water just like Mafia 1 did to GTA3 and Vice City
#6sandspectrePosted 4/29/2008 2:59:38 PM

LedZeppelin1977 posted...
Mafia 2 aimed at the PC just like the 1st one was, I don't think the multiplayer thing will make that much of a difference, this game will blow GTA4 out of the water just like Mafia 1 did to GTA3 and Vice City

Mafia 1 didn't blow out of the water GTA III 6 Vice City, but it was clearly a game of a much better quality. But, as always, the GTAs are more popular. SO, let's wait until MAfia II comes, and then we will see which is better. For me, Mafia will be better.

#7razorsedge678Posted 4/30/2008 1:32:48 PM

i play both for different reasons

i got a different experience out of mafia 1 compared to vice city, sand andreas, gta3 and currently 4

i really dont care which is better, just as long as they are both excellent

#8sandspectrePosted 4/30/2008 8:37:16 PM
razorsedge678 posted...

i play both for different reasons

i got a different experience out of mafia 1 compared to vice city, sand andreas, gta3 and currently 4

i really dont care which is better, just as long as they are both excellent

Me too, but the matter is that I don't find excellent the GTA, for the contrary, they are tiresome at some point (athough I enjoyed them a lot until they got boring and repetitive), but Mafia is just what I need, I never got tired of it. It's just my opinion not the law :). One game can be excellent for some people (or most of the people) and boting for other.

#9Madball357Posted 5/4/2008 8:20:10 PM
Mafia is so much immersive than the GTA series, better story, driving, shooting and more realistic all around. I like GTA too, but Mafia is superior. Too bad it won't come out until 2009-2010...
#10trusake3Posted 5/6/2008 11:44:37 AM

This question is pretty dumb, considering that Mafia 2 won't come out for a long time, so since no one has played Mafia 2 nobody can tell which is better

ask this question once it is released (which I'm sure someone will)