I'm going to play this game

#1Lucasdar7Posted 1/26/2012 10:24:57 AM
I'm going to play this game this weekend. I am very picky when it comes to video games, especially since the release of the PS3. I can't play 1st person shooters because they make me dizzy :-(

List of games I have played and beaten on the PS3:

Heavy Rain
Red Dead REdemption
L.A. Noir
Grand Theft Auto IV

Thats it. As I am very picky. Out of those 4, Heavy Rain was my favorite.

Games I have tried and given up on:

Mass Effect 2 (boring, hate to say it but it was very boring)
Sabatour (Wonky camara gave me dizziness problems)
Dead Island (nearly puked because its 1st person shooter)
The Ballad of Gay Tony (ughhh wonky camara again!)

I overlooked Mafia II, must have just completly forgot about it. I am hoping I like it, because the next game I am waiting to play is the Silent Hill.
#2Stoopid_FoolPosted 1/26/2012 6:12:52 PM
Judging from those 4 games you've beaten, you'll probably like Mafia II.
#3Lucasdar7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2012 7:17:51 AM
Well thank you Stoopid_fool. I'll post back on Monday and let you know how I feel about the game. I'm looking forward to playing it tomorrow. Thanks,
#4hoehlenmenschPosted 1/27/2012 8:36:46 AM

I agree, the 4 games you have played perfectly blend in. Many ppl who played L.A. Noire compare it to GTA, thats a bad comparison. Mafia II has a great story and characters. The map is not as large as whole L.A. or Liberty City, but if you go for trophies and collectibles, there are many things to do. And if thats not enough, you have some DLC in addition. Two thumbs up! Have fun!

#5Lucasdar7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/27/2012 9:10:45 AM
Thanks again there. I also failed to mention I tried playing Saints Row II, but gave up rather quickly. The graphics were kinda lame.
#6Lucasdar7(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2012 7:16:35 AM
Well I got about 2 or 3 hours into the game. I like the story line, I can tell this will open up into a real cool game as your character progresses.

I like the graphics.

However, it suffers from a wonky camara while on foot. Driving is ok. But when on foot, the camara is wonky in my opinion.

I will continue to play a little bit each week. I think I can manage this game. I really like the story line.
#7Ghetto_ninjaPosted 2/23/2012 12:59:44 AM
You should play Assassin's Creed. I'm not sure what you mean by wonky, but in Assassin's Creed your character runs in very straight
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
"NOT RECOMMENDED FOR PEOPLE THAT HAS NO PATIENTS."-MirageVX
#8Lucasdar7(Topic Creator)Posted 3/1/2012 11:31:07 AM
Thanks Ghetto, might have to look into it. I basically gave up on Mafia II. The on foot camara is to wonky... it moves around to fast and everything is to close up, especially inside places.
#9benoit489Posted 3/2/2012 8:56:53 PM
If you move your head in a wonky fashion while the camera is wonky, the game camera will appear to be normal.
---
Spaceman Spiff
#10hoehlenmenschPosted 3/8/2012 5:35:33 AM

heavily drinking worked fine for me to deal with the wonky camera :idea: