How many of us "old timers" are here?

#1Micro_ZentraediPosted 7/21/2010 11:10:34 PM
Well,
I just got this on Ebay because I am new to the PSP (thanks to Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker bundle) and I was just wondering if any old timers like me are here to talk about this old great bunch of games.

I sure can't wait to play:
Haunted House
Circus Atari
Yars' Revenge
Missle Command
Asteroids
Centepede
Millepede

Awe heck just about all of them.

Let us hope that Atari will wise up and give is a group of games from the 5200 and the 7800 because I sure miss Vanguard (5200) and Xenophobe on 7800 was awesome too.

We can only dream.

Since my dad still remembers Atari and he might enjoy this on PSP if I ever get a connector.

The 70s and 80s still live, huh

---
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!
#2CrythaniaPosted 7/26/2010 2:44:20 PM
I miss Vanguard, too, but I played the 2600 version of it back in the day.

---
The trick is to keep breathing.
#3guwaPosted 7/27/2010 7:02:15 AM
Not me, I only use the old Ataris for their dead GameFAQs boards. I wish I had actually played one though.
---
Petition to show Contributor Pages in profiles of closed accounts:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=45541548
#4Micro_Zentraedi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2010 3:17:47 AM
Hi,
I did not know folks are still here.

This pains me to ask, but can anyone here submit a new save file? because the one here seems corrupted and I tried to save this to my PSP when I used my PS3 browser.

I am quite ignorant on what "ZIP" means or how to do that, I almost got Battlezone but so many games might take me an eternity or 2 for me to unlock my Atari favorites like Haunted House etc.

Or is there a chance that save file that is already there still good but there is a trick how to use it?

Laters

---
I'm the 9,928,677,981,654,753,421,195th person that dislikes Final Fantasy 13
#5CrythaniaPosted 8/3/2010 2:26:32 PM
I also downloaded the save file because I couldn't get all the unlockable things. I don't remember what I did. It was months ago.

You have to unzip the files before the files inside are available for use. Umm... There should be instructions some place on this site for the use of save files.

---
#6Micro_Zentraedi(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2010 6:27:34 AM
Well,
I did some surfing and according to the internet, this is the only known site to actually have a save file with unlocked Atari games.

I guess I am stuck doing it the old fashioned way. It may take some time but I am disappointed Atari went this far. But at least some games are not so hard. Battlezone and Pong evolved versions are quite nice but that dang Centepede and Missile Command are a real pain.

Let's hope someone might come back to this forum and submit a UNZIPPED save file so I can do it directly with my PS3 to the PSP transfer.

In a way I am glad that Joust or Xevious were not one of the "required" games to unlock all Atari games.

---
I'm the 9,928,677,981,654,753,421,195th person that dislikes Final Fantasy 13
#7CrythaniaPosted 8/7/2010 3:28:02 PM
My advice is to get "Atari Anthology" for the PS2. It has almost all the games that this collection has, and you don't have to unlock them.

---
#8guwaPosted 9/6/2010 11:01:27 PM
bump
---
Petition to show Contributor Pages in profiles of closed accounts:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=7&topic=45541548
#9CrythaniaPosted 9/24/2010 8:39:47 PM
Long live Gravitar, my favorite 2600 game!

---
#10Vyse_skiesPosted 10/6/2010 2:19:55 PM
I was thinking about purchasing this game. I like the sound of the evolved versions of games.

---
My ignore list is exclusive to trolls only? I should warn you though, it's crowded and the trolls imprisoned within are mean, anti-social and well... ignored.