Empire: Total War is probably going to PS3 and 360.

#1TheLastAvatar05Posted 11/15/2008 10:26:32 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if Creative Assembly did the following:

*Create a version for both PS3 and 360 versions after Empire is released.

*Create a new type of game other than "Total War" on both systems. (Similar to Ensemble Studios and Halo Wars)

*Possibly do both.

Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution did extremely well on both systems so why not Empire: Total War? Both could easily produce high definition graphics onscreen with thousands of units. Online play would probably be a given as well. Also, I believe that both systems uses a "Keyboard" accessory that can allow input commands much more easier than a simple controller setup.
---
What's so special about The Boss? She beat Jesus in an arm wrestle, that's what! -WallyFeliz
#2UnderoathALPosted 11/15/2008 10:51:02 PM
"Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution did extremely well on both systems so why not Empire: Total War?"

Because the battles are real time and would be HORRIBLE on a controller.
#3Leviathan412Posted 11/16/2008 1:34:53 AM
I wouldn't be surprised at all at the second one, since it's happened twice already...

Spartan: Total Warrior
Viking: Battle for Asgard
#4bangell99Posted 11/16/2008 3:47:11 AM

The TBS element might work well, but the massive RTT battles would be terrible.

#5alphatango1Posted 11/16/2008 6:31:03 AM
bangell99 posted...

The TBS element might work well, but the massive RTT battles would be terrible.

I doubt it. This game doesnt lend itself to consoles. Controllong the camera and micro managing the units in real time would be very difficult. They would also have to water down the game, so the kiddies would understand how to play and that would kill its appeal for me. So rejoice in a pure Pc game series.

#6SMOKEY_321Posted 11/16/2008 7:33:18 AM

I have a PS3 and if anybody has played farcry 2 they'll know how boggy it gets, especially if you build something like a fort on the map editor, I did, and it is a about 20% the size of the largest med 2 city, so imagine men firing cannons blowing up! imagine the cavalr... image how long you'd have to wait to finish the charge XD XD lol.

#7UniQPosted 11/16/2008 8:10:09 AM
And also, the total war games got one of best modding community of all games, who the hell would want this on the console and msis that out? Say that ETW will give you 40 hours of gamplay, the mods will then add like a 100 hours.
#8skinsman6394Posted 11/16/2008 6:01:10 PM
Maybe they could package a specially made controller with the game that would make the battles run smoother. I would love a total war game in high def on my ps3.
---
R.I.P SEAN TAYLOR #21
GO SKINS!!!!
#9GeneralCortezPosted 11/16/2008 11:26:14 PM
I heard Sega wants to ban modding of E:TW. >_>

Anyway, if ported, that would fix my problem with E:TW requiring online activation...

But I'd have to get a PS3 or Xbox360
---
"Er kann mich im arsche lecken!"-Gotz von Berlichingen
[Papal Crusaders] {Official Maverick of 261}
#10alphatango1Posted 11/17/2008 6:31:38 AM

The modders made this game the zenith in my PC gaming experience. MTW2 was a flawed diamond and the modding community polished it perfection. People like Darth and those responsible for The Road to Jerusalem, diplomacy etc, did an awesome job.

Playing Vanilla MTW2 the AI was terrible. There's nothing more irrating being forced to fight a battle when you know your enemy dont have a hope in hell of winning. Usually because they've bought a knife to a gun fight, rather than a heavy stack of quality units. These boards were very unhappy when MW2 was first released and CA's patch didnt go far enough in addressing the game's short comings. The mods played their part.