Change capital. How do you do it?

#1amychan26Posted 3/9/2009 5:55:57 AM
Can you change your capital? Or are you stuck with it till end game? I noticed yesterday from playing when France invaded my United Nation , i ended up being dead although i have half of india..
#2falloutfanPosted 3/9/2009 6:02:56 AM
I don't think there is a way to change it in this game.
---
www.bay12games.com
#3spectre037Posted 3/9/2009 6:58:47 AM
I don't know of a way other than have your capital conquered. It happened to me with Berlin. Hannover betrayed what was a friendly relationship and lucrative trade partnership to attack Berlin while my focus was on Austria to the South. The capital was transferred to Konigsberg after Berlin fell.

Hannover got theirs though.
#4DarkfallWaaaghPosted 3/10/2009 2:47:47 PM
spectre037 posted...
I don't know of a way other than have your capital conquered. It happened to me with Berlin. Hannover betrayed what was a friendly relationship and lucrative trade partnership to attack Berlin while my focus was on Austria to the South. The capital was transferred to Konigsberg after Berlin fell.

Hannover got theirs though.

That's an automatic game over pal.

Sorry but the only way to change a capital is by modding, once you lose your capital you lose the game. Horrible choice IMO, being able to relocate your entire empire was one of the great things about Rome Total War Medieval 2 Total War.
#5ZiktenPosted 3/10/2009 3:12:30 PM
that's weird.. especially now when losing your capital means game over... it seems it would be even more important to be able ot change it, if it's at risk. In real life, it would be like if your heads of state all realized their city was in trouble and packed up and moved to a safer part of the empire. We should be able to do that.
#6ObiJonKenobi2Posted 3/10/2009 4:04:36 PM
I think a permanent capital is pretty much adding a wee bit more realism. Not sure if loosing the entire game should you loose one region (the capital) despite having many other areas is realistic though. Either way the game is the way it is and all in all I'm enjoying it so far.
#7ZiktenPosted 3/10/2009 4:07:42 PM
well in real life you can change your capital though. Many nations do it. Even America has done it. 2 or 3 times I think. We had Boston... then Philadelphia.... NYC might have been the capital at one time.. I forget. Japan has changed capitals several times. China....they have had dozens.
#8DarkfallWaaaghPosted 3/14/2009 9:51:34 PM
A fixed capital isn't added realism, it's putting gamers on a rope leash for no reason. In real life capital cities can change, history is full of examples of capital cities being relocated or abandoned or changed.

If you're playing as the United Provinces for instance why should you get a game over if you lose your impossible to defend capital after carving out a massive empire in the Americas and India? That's just bad game design.
---
True Warhammer fans don't play WoWhammer! Darkfall Waaagh!
http://darkfallwaaagh.clangrid.com
#9ganstamaoriPosted 3/14/2009 10:03:58 PM
I understand if you lose all of your europe holdings; but you should still be able to move the capital D:
---
"To die today is to die for our little ones. Our old ones. Our... loved ones." ~ High Overlord Saurfang.
#10avidgamertimPosted 3/14/2009 10:16:35 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]