Screw the reviews

#1sensei_of_rockPosted 6/6/2010 7:41:08 AM
This game is awesome...not perfect, but a very fun football game.

I don't know when gamers quit wanting hard games...just because it isn't as EASY as Madden or ESPN 2k5, doesnt make it bad. I really do like this game and truly dont understand how it gets 5s...
---
Favorite Board: PWB,
Least Favorite Board: RB2
#2phoenix1289Posted 6/6/2010 7:50:48 AM
Its not so much the fact that it is hard that is turning them away. Its more the fact that it is different. It doesn't have the nfl, it doesn't have the camera they are used to, and it just feels different overall. I love the game but sadly most of the gamers are going to complain.
---
I refuse to take this signature down until the
49ers win the superbowl
#3puddy007Posted 6/6/2010 1:24:19 PM
agree with TC...reviews these days base far too much on POLISH and far too little on the core gameplay and fundamentals.

All I have to say about games like Madden etc...is...a polished turd is still a turd! You can keep putting in new announcers, or shorten the game, or add referees, chain gangs, fans in stands, etc. if those things make a good game for you, then ok...they don't for me.
#4ray3473Posted 6/6/2010 2:21:17 PM
I LOVE THIS GAME !!!! having lots of fun everynight
#5sensei_of_rock(Topic Creator)Posted 6/6/2010 6:25:04 PM
Honestly, I don't hate Madden...but the way it plays is so....annoying at times. What is abused and the way it plays isn't like real football, and as nice as it is to be the real Minnesota Vikings...I'm having more fun with Backbreaker....
---
Favorite Board: PWB,
Least Favorite Board: RB2
#6LtlDuDe346Posted 6/7/2010 11:55:08 AM

i hate madden and won't be buying that, but at the same time backbreaker is certainly a let down. the camera doesn't really bother me, but it needs to be zoomed out a little bit more and it needs a top to bottom angle, not a bottom to top angle. A top to bottom angle makes more sense anyways since human eyes are on our heads, not our knees.

passing pretty much sucks because you can't do anything if they break through your line, you have no evasive moves as QB, switching between receivers takes too long and what if i just wanna look to the other side of the field WITHOUT switching receivers, well you can't do that.

plenty of problems besides what i've mentioned, this is a step in the right direction, and next year's addition should be legit!