Version Difference?

#1Bowser05Posted 4/20/2009 11:13:57 PM
I have this game on XBLA arcade and have just finished situation 4. I really like the game bu unfortunately I don't get to play my 360 much. I saw this at Gamestop for 10 bucks and decided to pick it up. But, before I open it I was wondering if somebody could tell me if there is any difference between this and the 360 version (besides controls). I looked up the 360 and PSP comparisons and I found out they are identical games so that saved me some money.

Now I'm trying to find out if the DS version has any different puzzles or if it is identical as well...in which case I'll just have to return it instead of wasting my money on the same exact game. Thanks ahead of time for any and all input.
---
(Mok'Nathal) Zulayim - 78 Shaman
Playing: RE4:WE, MP2:E, BlueDragon,WipeoutPure,SSBB, KotORII:TSL, TWEWY, Might&Magic, ArkanoidDS, Bioshock, Spore
#2OwvinPosted 4/25/2009 6:30:18 PM
I never played any XBox/360 versions, but I've played the PSP version and the levels are mostly different.
The PSP version of Exit 1 has NO dogs nor machos nor water-level switches nor 2mx1m grey rectangular boxes at all!
The PSP version of Exit 2 (UK version) has both dogs and machos along with grey rectangular boxes but no water-level switches,
while the DS version of Exit DS has dogs, water-level switches, along with 2mx1m rectangular boxes (I'd rather not call them 'oblong boxes') but no machos.

---
''...the crew piled the luggage and many boxes.... It was like watching a game of Tetris.''
-Born on a Blue Day, pp.190-191, Daniel Tammet
#3OwvinPosted 4/25/2009 6:36:57 PM
Moreover, PSP Exit 1, PSP Exit 2, and NDS Exit DS all have different BGMs (background musics).
---
''Nobody who's nobody don't know nothin' about no place'' - Baloo, Jungle Book 2
... how's that for quintuple negatives?
#4Bowser05(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2009 11:39:58 AM
Coolness. Thanks a lot for the information. I ended up figuring that out. I opened my game and realized that all the stages are different so I've been enjoying it. And yeah, just a fyi, the 360 versions is EXACTLY the same as the PSP :).
---
(Mok'Nathal) Zulayim - 78 Shaman
Playing: RE4:WE, MP2:E, BlueDragon,WipeoutPure,SSBB, KotORII:TSL, TWEWY, Might&Magic, ArkanoidDS, Bioshock, Spore
#5OwvinPosted 6/2/2009 3:07:25 PM
You're welcome.
---
P.S.: Notice the quote lines?
---
''...the crew piled the luggage and many boxes.... It was like watching a game of Tetris.''
#6jamesh-42Posted 6/3/2009 1:48:21 AM
Owvin posted...
The PSP version of Exit 2 (UK version) has both dogs and machos along with grey rectangular boxes but no water-level switches,

By water level switches, do you mean ones that will cause water to drain or fill in an area of the level? If so, then there are certainly levels with that feature in the PSP version of Exit 2.

So it sounds like this game has the same mechanics as Exit 2, leaving control differences and level design.

I always thought the companion controls in the PSP version felt like they'd work well with a mouse or touch screen. Does the stylus work well together with the dpad for controlling Mr. Esc?
#7Bowser05(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2009 11:39:25 AM
No. The stylus is pretty horrible, but I'm glad at least button controls ARE there.
---
(Phoenix) Zulayim - 6 Red Mage
Playing: RE4:WE,BlueDragon,WipeoutPure,SSBB, TESIII:M, TWEWY, ArkanoidDS, Bioshock, Spore, InFamous, Penumbra
#8OwvinPosted 6/19/2009 1:38:15 PM
Speaking of the stylus, after tapping on someone, don't drag the stylus in some direction.

Instead, tap someone, hold L (or R, depending on handedness in settings) and precisely tap waypoints where you want said someone to go or obtain item, ...

...including tapping onto boxes (multiple times as needed) to move boxes,
as well as tapping on ladder or rope to have said someone to climb up or down as applicable,
along with tapping on item to have said someone picking up such items, and then clicking on appropriate obstacle to use such item in hand, etc.

Never tap-drag with the stylus, instead use stylus to set waypoints.
Don't forget the tutorials.

I was able to finish over 100 levels using the stylus.
---
#9OwvinPosted 6/21/2009 12:01:35 PM
including tapping onto boxes (multiple times as needed) to move boxes

Make that:
"including tapping onto a box (and tapping consecutive spaces beyond box as needed) to move each box."

---