Answers to commonly asked questions! FINAL (Bump until sticky)

#1hikaru_beoulvePosted 1/8/2008 4:48:34 PMmessage detail
Here are some commonly asked questions and the answers to said questions.

Q: Hey, is *insert card here* in this game?
A: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/943071/51004 - Go here and Ctrl-F the card. If the card shows up, it is in. If it doesn't, then it isn't. Exceptions to this are the 3 Egyptian God Cards and Raiou.

Q: Hey, how do you get the Egyptian God Cards/Raiou?
A: As of this post, there is no way to unlock these cards except by cheating.

Q: Hey, can this game link-up with other Yu-Gi-Oh games, like WC2007?
A: No, it cannot. The only games it can interact are other copies of Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008.

Q: How do you keep track of how many times you defeat the guys in Duel World.
A: There is no in-game tracker. I suggest using Notepad or even a piece of paper. Just write down the name of the opponent, and each time you defeat them, put a little tick mark next to the name. Or just keep playing against them until the game tells you you unlocked a Tag Duel partner (that's after 10 wins, by the way).

Q: OMG! Panther sucks! How do I get a new tag partner?
A: There are 3 ways to acquire new tag partners.
1) Get 10 wins against a CPU in either Duel World or World Championship mode.
2) Download ghosts off the leadersboard.
3) Duel a friend and use their ghost.

Q: How do you get *insert card here*?
A: http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/943071/51004 - Ctrl-F the card name, and see which pack it is in. Easy.

Q: How do you unlock *insert anything here*?
A: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=943071&topic=40208469

Q: How do I set a card to be a Key Card?
A: When you select a card in Deck Construction, select the last option (Change to On). You can only have 1 Key Card at a time.

Q: Ok, so now I have a Key Card. What does that mean?
A: Pretty much nothing. When you summon it, it does a glowy animation. It also gives you a small DP bonus after each duel you activate your key card. That's about it.

Q: How do I get Kaibaman to appear?
A: Kaibaman appears randomly. He will only duel with you, however, if you have at least one Blue-Eyes White Dragon in your Deck.

(QUESTIONS CONTINUED)
---
If Sonic is revealed tonight I'll disembowel myself and sell my organs...which means I'll have plenty of organs tomorrow...
-Smokeybear18
#2hikaru_beoulve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2008 4:48:49 PMmessage detail
Q: WTF, LNFIA isn't the correct order for FINAL?!?!?!?!?one
A: Calm down. What the card means by "correct order" is that the cards themselves are played in the correct order. Like how Destiny Board is played, then you get I on the field, then N, then A, then L. The order that they are on the playing field means nothing.

Q: I want to activate my trap, but the game isn't asking me if I want to.
A: To force an activation prompt, hold 'A'. If nothing can be activated, a message will appear telling you so.

Q: Why does Ebon take so long to appear?
A: Because you are unlucky. Also, you can try to give White an Ebon when she asks for a card.

Q: What is a Side Deck?
A: A deck of 15 cards. Used in Match duels, in between a Duel, you can exchange any card in your Side Deck with any card in your Main Deck. Just remember that you can't exceed the card number limit between the Side Deck and the Main Deck. Oh, and *shoots you*.

Q:What are the promos that come with this game?
A: Deep Diver, which searches a monster from your DECK and puts it on top; Burden of the Mighty, a Continuous Spell that reduces your opponent's monster's ATK by 100 points x their level; and Dimensional Prison, which is like Sakuretsu Armor but removes from play.

Q. How can I change my face?
A. Unlike 07, you can change your face randomly from Nurse Reficule in the world of darkness, duel in the world of darkness till she appears at the bottom-left corner of the map. Talk to her to have the option to change ya face randomly for 500 Duelist Points. Save before changing your face in case you don't like it.

Q: How do I increase my rating?
A: By battling on WiFi. Ranked duel only, by the way.

Q: What is that little yellow triangle next to my name, and how do I get more?
A: See "How do I increase my rating?"

Q: Is this game better than 2007?
A: *shoots you*

(RULINGS NEXT!)
---
If Sonic is revealed tonight I'll disembowel myself and sell my organs...which means I'll have plenty of organs tomorrow...
-Smokeybear18
#3hikaru_beoulve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2008 4:49:50 PMmessage detail
RULING QUESTIONS

Q: What does it mean when it says, "You Missed Your Timing"?
A: Certain effects can only be used at the moment something happens. If that something isn't the last thing to happen, the effect can not be activated. A great example of this can be seen with Peten the Dark Clown. If Peten is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, the last thing that happened was that a monster was Summoned, so because Peten being sent to the grave wasn't the last action, his effect misses its timing.

Q: Why did my Raiza just spin itself?
A: Raiza, among many other cards, has what's called a Mandatory Trigger Effect. This means that when the condition that triggers the effect, i.e. Raiza's tribute summon, is fulfilled, you MUST activate the effect--you don't have a choice. So obviously the only thing on the field was Raiza so it had to spin itself.

Q: So, why doesn't Mobius kill my spell/traps?
A: Mobius is different from other monarchs in that his effect is optional: an Optional Trigger Effect. This means that when Mobius is Tribute Summoned, unlike the rest of the monarchs, you have a choice as to whether to activate the effect or not. To know whether an effect is optional, check the card text to see if it says something along the lines of "you may...", and if it does it's optional.

Q: Why does Premature Burial not let me revive my Hamon? or What is that little glowy symbol next to the cards in my Graveyard?
A: When you see the little glowy symbol, that says that, for one reason or another, you can't special summon that monster from the graveyard. This can happen for one of two reasons:
1.The card was discarded from you hand, or otherwise hit the Graveyard without being properly summoned first.
2. That monster is a "nomi", or a monster that says, "This card cannot be special summoned EXCEPT by...", emphasis added. Hamon is one of these. The monster is not a nomi if it says, "This card can only be Special Summoned by...", and these can be special summoned with Premature Burial if they were summoned already using its effect first.

Q: Why won't the game let me Trap Hole my opponent's Exiled Force?
A: The answer is a game mechanic called Priority. How it works is, when a monster is sucessfully Normal Summoned (I think Special Summoned too, someone please confirm), you can do what's called retain priority. When you retain priority, you can activate a Trigger Effect before your opponent gets a chance to activate Trap Hole, Torrential Tribute, etc. So what the opponent did, is activate Exiled Force's effect using Priority so it wouldn't die beforehand. Sorry.

Q: If both players draw Exodia...
A: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Exodia_the_Forbidden_One

Q: My A-Counters/Venom Counters are glitched, please, please, PLEASE, help m--
A: Whoa, whoa, don't panic. See how some of the Aliens have the A-Counter effect in parenthesis? That is actually an effect of the cards, NOT a reminder of a game mechanic. This has two implications:
1. If no Aliens have the listed effect, the A-Counters sit around doing nothing.
2. If multiple Aliens have the effect, they decrease the monster with A-Counters by 300 EACH.

(RULINGS CONTINUED)
---
-Smokeybear18
#4hikaru_beoulve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2008 4:50:02 PMmessage detail
Rampart Blaster: There is no glitch regarding her effect. Due to an OCG ruling, Rampart Blaster can only attack directly whilst in Defense Position if your opponent has no monsters on the field. Yugioh games follow the OCG rulings.

Chainsaw Insect: Again, this is not a glitch in the game. Because of the Japanese ruling, even if Chainsaw insect doesn't battle a monster, your opponent still draws whenever he attacks.

I can't attack and I don't know why: If your opponent has Gravekeeper's Servant on the field, this is no glitch. Gravekeeper's Servant requires you to send a card to the grave to attack. If Macro Cosmos is on the field, you can't send a card to the grave since it will be removed from play. Therefore, you can not attack.

Rise of the Snake Deity & Inferno Reckless Summon: Monsters die in the damage step. No card can be activated during the damage step except Counter Traps, ATK/DEF modifiers, and cards with special rulings. Since you can't activate the card during the damage step (When the monster dies) you can't activate them when the monster is destroyed as a result of battle.

Discard for Dark World: The only discard that triggers Dark World effects are discard effects. Discarding for a cost does not meet the card requirements. "Sending" a card to the Graveyard does not count as discarding. Therefore, you can't use cards like Lightning Vortex and Snipe Hunter to activate Dark World, because they discard as the cost to activate their cards. Furthermore, you cannot use something like Hand Collapse, because it "sends" cards to the Graveyard.
EXTRA: Dark World + Exchange: In real life, there is no official ruling. But, in-game, if your Dark World monster is discarded by your card effect from your opponent's hand, it gets Special Summoned, but does NOT gain its second effect.

Rain Storm: This is the actual in-game effect:

Rain Storm
Normal Trap
Activate only by selecting 1 "Cloudian" monster you control. Reduce the ATK of the selected monster, and apply the appropriate effect:
* By 1000: Destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card your opponent controls.
* By 2000: Destroy 2 cards your opponent controls.

Triage: The effect is still mistranslated. Here is the actual effect:

Triage
Counter Trap
Pay 1000 Life Points. If any monster of the same Type as a face-up monster on the field is Normal Summoned, Flip Summoned, or Special Summoned, the summon is negated and the monster is destroyed.

(SPECIAL THANKS NEXT!)
---
-Smokeybear18
#5hikaru_beoulve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2008 4:51:37 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6MissingNo5Posted 1/8/2008 4:55:24 PMmessage detail
IT'S BEEN STICKIED!!!

Made ya look!!
---
"what's a staple. and i'm talking about office supplies..." -ziebers
"A video game came out after Pong! It's a spinoff!" -Rayquaza418
#7hikaru_beoulve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2008 4:56:47 PMmessage detail
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8hikaru_beoulve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2008 4:57:14 PMmessage detail
Special Thanks to:

XxHEXSORxX
DKfromTK
MissingNo5
icoolikethat
DarkDion90
Anyone else I have forgotten
...And to everyone who asked these questions in the first place!
---
-Smokeybear18
#9MissingNo5Posted 1/8/2008 4:58:18 PMmessage detail
How do you request for stickies? I'm going to do it for this topic but I don't know how.
---
"what's a staple. and i'm talking about office supplies..." -ziebers
"A video game came out after Pong! It's a spinoff!" -Rayquaza418
#10hikaru_beoulve(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2008 4:59:30 PMmessage detail
Click on "Message Detail" for the first post. Last option should be "Request for sticky". Try to give a good reason, too. And thanks for the help!
---
-Smokeybear18