Any other games like this on the DS?

#1Smoking_HamsterPosted 6/29/2010 3:40:24 AM
I am sad to learn that the third game won't be coming out so am looking for something else. Other strategy RPGS I own are...

Luminous Arc 1
Disgaea DS
Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Fire Emblem
Hoshigami
#2SentaPosted 6/29/2010 8:12:59 PM
I haven't had much luck finding good ones for the DS. Other than those you have named, only one other actively comes to mind that MIGHT be looking into. I haven't played much of it, but what I did, it was decent.

Hero's Saga Laevatein Tactics.
#3HellGundam7Posted 6/29/2010 8:21:54 PM
Not much else outside of your list unless you're willing to broaden your scope.

SMT: Devil Survivor is one I enjoyed, but its part turn-based RPG when your character attacks or is attacked by an enemy. Demon fusion and multiple endings keep it interesting, jumps in difficulty may cause frustration.

Knights in the Nightmare is a crazy chimera of a game. Part strategy, bullet-hell, with a weird turn-based-but-also-timed system. Allies will leave permanently if used too much unless you sacrifice another. Huge learning curve and odd battle system may turn you off.

I . . . can't think of anything else for the DS. Sorry.
---
Currently Playing: SoulSilver
Soon to Play: Resonance of Fate, Sakura Wars, SMT: Strange Journey
#4SentaPosted 6/29/2010 9:41:09 PM
How I forgot SMT: Devil Survivor, I'll never know. A very, very fun game..As stated, it isn't fully an SRPG in lines with the others you listed. Battles have two portions. Movement/skill use on a grid map, like a normal SRPG, much like FFTA2/Hoshigami/Disgaea. Then actual combat between groups (Each unit is a group you set up. A good deal of strategy in how you set 'em up.). This combat consists of 1 to 2 rounds max of traditonal RPG turn-based combat.
#5Smoking_Hamster(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2010 12:39:29 AM
Thanks for the suggestions guys, unfortunately the three games mentioned thus far haven't been released in Europe so I would have a tough time getting my hands on them. Urgh it sucks being a gamer here.

I remember seeing "Bleach: The 3rd Phantom" and "Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume" at a local store. Are any of them any good?

---
Death is certain, only the time is uncertain.
#6Highwind07Posted 6/30/2010 4:15:42 AM
Unfortunately i played the games you have already listed too(loved FFTA2 and Disgaea DS) but i would say give Convenant of the Plume a try. I beat that game already and it is quite enjoyable but for some it might be a challenge.

If you're out of ideas here's my backloggery: http://backloggery.com/games.php?user=boredonafriday&console=NDS
---
Post "Highwind" & get a cookie (2399)
http://i46.tinypic.com/2zxmcn8.jpg
#7SentaPosted 6/30/2010 6:20:09 AM
I've tried "Bleach: The 3rd Phantom". It is very generic as far as SRPGs go. If you are a fan of the series, it is a game worth a shot.

Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume plays with a battle system modified from the first two games for PS1 and PS2.It is fun, has multiple paths and endings which adds replayability,and a decent story. Could be a good one to pick up.
#8Smoking_Hamster(Topic Creator)Posted 7/1/2010 12:04:50 AM
Thanks for the backlog list. There are some non-strategy RPGs on that list I am thinking of getting.

Suppose I will give Valkyrie Profile a go. A review I said said it was pretty short so you can replay it using the plume if you find it too tough.

I'm not a big fan of Bleach (only seen the first season.) I may check out the game though as I am not too bothered if it is generic. I remember Oniumsha Tactics not being anything special, but I still played it to the end.

---
Death is certain, only the time is uncertain.
#9SentaPosted 7/1/2010 7:05:16 AM
If there are any other genre of games you may have interest in, be sure to ask. I've got a large collection spread out amongst the different types.
#10shinobipridePosted 7/8/2010 10:20:15 AM
if you talking about rpgs in general - ff4, ff3, dragon quest IV, V, the world ends with you, nostalgia, smt:strange journey, glory of heracles

non-rpgs: phoenix wright series, miles edgeworth investigations. prof layton

quick passtimes: izuna 2, ninjatown

those are the few ones i played and worth recommendation