About Mattias and his two subordinates (spoilers)

#1Highwind07Posted 11/14/2012 10:30:00 AM
Ok, I haven't played this game for a while and even after two playthroughs I forgot most of the story.

One question I have in particular is about the intentions of Mattias. I forgot but I know that the Royal Army lead by Roland was supposed to search and defeat him from what I remembered, but how did he carried out his plans and overall trying to stop the Conclusion Gate from spewing those Monsters(Bharva in particular) again? what did Fatima and Josie did to assist him and why did they choose Roland as their new master after Mattias' death?

I may or may not have gotten some of the things right so please excuse me if I have something wrong there, lol.
---
Post "Highwind" & get a cookie (15,350)
http://imageshack.us/a/img72/6426/ikaroswithgiantflyswatt.gif
#2ekamownPosted 11/16/2012 5:15:52 AM
One question I have in particular is about the intentions of Mattias. I forgot but I know that the Royal Army lead by Roland was supposed to search and defeat him from what I remembered
I think the Royal Army thought that Mattias was possessed by the Demon Blade so he needed to be defeated.

What did Fatima and Josie did to assist him and why did they choose Roland as their new master after Mattias' death?
After all, Mattias was Roland's real father so it makes sense that he became the next Master.
---
Feel free to help whomever you like if it truly makes you happy.
#3ZeoPamasterPosted 11/17/2012 1:41:20 AM
ekamown posted...

After all, Mattias was Roland's real father so it makes sense that he became the next Master.

^ That, and Mattias himself even commanded Fatima and Josie to help Roland.
---
"Truth or Ideals? Which one will you fight for?"
Sorry, bad English.
#4AnimusArxArcisPosted 11/25/2012 6:12:40 PM
Well, they don't really join you until later on in the game, and even then Fatima's always like, "You = (less than) dirt, Mattias = OMFG the world just exploded in rainbows".

Everyone in the game could've done things differently for a better result, in my opinion.
#5ekamownPosted 11/26/2012 6:10:46 AM
Too bad, Roland can only defend his pride by saying "I haven't been a Master for that long" when he was compared to Mattias.
---
It...cannot end...like.. this...
#6ZeoPamasterPosted 11/26/2012 9:23:51 AM
Roland being a Master is kinda half-assed in the game.
I mean, he's uberpowerful story-wise (or it's said to be so),
but his in-game skills didn't change :/ still no non-engagement ranged attack. that MAG stat is kinda useless to him.
---
Sorry, bad English.
#7ekamownPosted 11/26/2012 2:51:29 PM
He sucks without engagement. Fire and dark engagements are the most useful IMO, don't bother with the other elements except in spa battles.

About his non-engagement skills, his first and second skills are kind of useless once he learned his fourth and last skills (Crescent & Fracture).
---
#8ZeoPamasterPosted 11/27/2012 8:04:35 AM
Yeah, that's why I said he needs some non-engagement ranged attacks xD he's all melee. it's also why Fire is the most useful engagement for him. Dark comes a close second if you considered to use those engagement-only sword-shaped ranged attack..
---
Sorry, bad English.
#9ekamownPosted 11/29/2012 3:56:24 AM
Yeah, only Fire and Dark. If you focus on melee attacks or FD, go with fire. If you focus with ranged attacks or buff the mages, go with dark. Don't bother with the other elements unless you're facing enemies that have high resistance to one element such as kopins.
---
#10darylyan680Posted 11/29/2012 8:20:35 AM
ZeoPamaster posted...
Yeah, that's why I said he needs some non-engagement ranged attacks xD he's all melee. it's also why Fire is the most useful engagement for him. Dark comes a close second if you considered to use those engagement-only sword-shaped ranged attack..

and this is why Althea's ending is considered canon compared to Fatima.
---
Courage is the Magic that Turns Dreams into Reality
More topics from this board...
Your top 5 LA series girls~ZeoPamaster4078/21 9:16AM