Intermissions

#1ZeoPamasterPosted 1/26/2013 7:25:52 AM
So I've got this one li'l complaint about the intermissions in this game.

unlike the first LA, the intermissions in this game are actually story-related and doesn't delve more into the characters' "story".

I was kinda hoping to understand the in-game guys better, they just join you with no backstory whatsoevar and it kinda made the game not serious too main story-oriented. :/
And then they dump a whole backstory of a character in their Final intermissions sometimes >.>
---
Dun dun dunn! Enter, Pamaster! *poses*
Sorry, bad English.
#2darylyan680Posted 1/26/2013 7:27:46 AM
So Roland being a pervert relates to the story?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fapKCyVvSTI
---
Courage is the Magic that Turns Dreams into Reality
#3ZeoPamaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:31:06 AM
the url

... it fits o_o

anyways some of 'em. especially Althea and Fatima's final intermissions

speaking of which, how would Ayano's intermissions be if she had 'em ;3 she's always one of my fav.
---
Sorry, bad English.
#4darylyan680Posted 1/26/2013 7:32:36 AM
Yeah Good question, my opinion is she'll talk about her 4000 years of living? o_O
---
#5ZeoPamaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:35:18 AM
her spa intermissions are awsum, I bet she'd treat Roland like a kid in their intermissions :3
---
Sorry, bad English.
#6darylyan680Posted 1/26/2013 7:36:50 AM
Yeah and Roland will act like those anime characters they try to hide their perverted nature by trying to avoid looking at her boobs xD
---
#7ZeoPamaster(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 7:39:36 AM
even though his "sad" face has his eyes looking downwards :P oh roland, you sunnova
---
Sorry, bad English.
#8darylyan680Posted 1/26/2013 7:40:17 AM
Roland you luck ***** hahaha xD
---
#9darylyan680Posted 1/26/2013 7:42:25 AM(edited)
Have your ever heard of the VN Steins; Gate? There's this genius girl called Makise Kurisu whose a tsundere, and she voiced Fatima in the japanese version of the game
---
#10MechafanboyPosted 1/26/2013 7:46:01 AM
I always found support conversations/interviews/pub talks/intermissions/(insert word meaning same thing here) kind of distracting.

On one hand it sorta tells you how that character feels, on the other hand, it replaces a good solid entry from that character into your party (i.e it's nearly always a form of "we have no idea why this person joined you so we're gonna use this to build backstory")

I hate to be bringing this up again so soon but play the Master of the Wind* for about 15 hours and learn how and why the main character's love interest joins your party in the end. The buildup of the character through proper plot progression is so much smoother and understandable than Intermissions.

About the only time it's somewhat acceptable for intermissions to take over the place of plot is when you're given a large variety of plot related characters in a short amount of time,(Fire Emblem is basically the best example of this, you HAVE to admit that the logic behind some of the recruitables is flimsy.)

I believe there's a few games like Mass Effect that give a plausible reason for them to enter your party and then use it to build the character. I'm a lot more partial to that but I still wish the "bonding" came as a result of plot related reasons rather than your main character arbitrarily talking to one of them after a mission.

* Relevant link: http://solest.org/games.php?content=motw
---
http://altogether.insani.org -> Visual novel goodness
Maaya Sakamoto and Younha are amazing~ <3 <3