This game is only $11 new now

#1josh1billionPosted 4/15/2012 1:51:43 AM
Just a heads-up to anyone looking to pick it up.

(Amazon)
#2SpherixPosted 4/20/2012 12:22:02 PM
And I still can't bring myself to buy Ignition's hack-job, though it tempts me sorely. Though it's not like I've got the time to sink into it anyway.
#3Muck0 ManPosted 5/5/2012 10:29:40 PM
I want to buy this game but I'm leaving for the military in a few weeks. Might as well get it before I sell my soul to play later on down the road.
---
All time favorites: MGS3, Fallout 2, Morrowind, GTA: VC, OoT, Earthbound
#4CopShow GuyPosted 5/11/2012 9:07:58 PM
Best of luck out there.
---
GET AGAINST THE TREE!!!
~ The Sage of Shadow ~
#5_YggdrasiL_Posted 5/27/2012 10:47:28 AM
I just picked it up brand new for under $7. I haven't played it yet, but I'm going to check it out after work
#6VorgierPosted 6/3/2012 6:56:33 PM
Spherix posted...
And I still can't bring myself to buy Ignition's hack-job, though it tempts me sorely. Though it's not like I've got the time to sink into it anyway.

Hack job? Its twice as good as Odin Sphere.
---
OBJECTION!
#7SpherixPosted 6/4/2012 1:05:54 AM
You can't be serious. Ignition is the NA publisher, and the translation is sorely lacking. Vanillaware is the developer. I can only guess that you had the two confused.

I personally don't think Muramasa is better than Odin Sphere anyway, but that's just from watching my brother play Muramasa. I might have a different opinion if I were to actually play it myself -- though I strongly doubt it.
#8VorgierPosted 6/4/2012 11:59:40 AM(edited)
Spherix posted...
You can't be serious. Ignition is the NA publisher, and the translation is sorely lacking. Vanillaware is the developer. I can only guess that you had the two confused.

I personally don't think Muramasa is better than Odin Sphere anyway, but that's just from watching my brother play Muramasa. I might have a different opinion if I were to actually play it myself -- though I strongly doubt it.

You're like, the 1%.

But as for me getting what confused? You smashing a game you haven't even played because of a publisher? Are YOU serious? lol

What sense does that make?

The combat is way more fluid and fun, same as with the controls. Which is all that really needs to be said.
---
OBJECTION!
#9SpherixPosted 6/5/2012 6:03:16 AM
I didn't say that Muramasa was a bad game. I said that Ignition (the NA publisher) did a poor job translating it. I'd be interested in buying Muramasa -- but I don't want to support Ignition by doing so. I'd rather just import the Japanese release, which I may eventually do. As it is, I have a stack of games to play, so it's just not a priority for me.

Muramasa's gameplay seems to appeal to a broader audience, but that doesn't mean it's better than Odin Sphere. I generally prefer games that have a slower, more deliberate pace, in which strategy performs better than spamming the attack button.
#10Sain_of_CaelinPosted 6/5/2012 4:30:43 PM
Yeah, the translation is awful. But even outside of that the plot comes secondary to the gameplay in this title, very dissimilar to Odin Sphere. I didn't like OS, but the games both bring similar feelings. As a fan of OS, you will very likely find Muramasa to be enjoyable, especially at that price.

Yes, the combat is faster, and less strategic, there's some sort of attack meter to watch, but it's more lenient and works differently. But the higher difficulties definitely require some strategic oversight, though not as much. Less grindy though.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/sainthegoo
PSN: KiwiTheGoo