I got enough points for Mission Mode

#11Robin_Mask(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:44:06 AM
MrMikeMa posted...
I love this mission mode, STILL working on getting all master ninja ranks. I think I finally have all silver.....I still have 3 weapon runs to do for achievements. I did not do it the "easy" way that other have posted about. I have played a complete game with each weapon. Makes you really learn them, that's for sure. Some of them really suck on certain enemies and bosses.

I wish there were more missions like the one where you climb up the volcano shaft. That mission is epic.

Easy way? As in beating the game with the weapon or the Mission?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#12MurphysGhostPosted 11/20/2012 1:46:59 PM
^ He's talking about the weapon run achievements in story mode.

Many players got them by doing a 'projectile run' on an Acolyte Successive Play, where you use projectiles, ninpo, and skipping to run through the game without using a melee weapon at all, and then save at Ch 14 and get all 8 cheevos off that save.

I know of at least 1 player that's done 8 Master Ninja weapon runs with all the ToVs every time, which is a huge investment of time, but a great great accomplishment. Always wanted to do that myself but I never made the time for it.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#13MrMikeMaPosted 11/20/2012 2:07:25 PM
^^

Haha. Well, NONE of my weapon runs include the trials of valor, and I only did 2 of them on mentor mode, the rest on warrior.

But yeah....talking about achievements, not the actual mission mode.
---
my Bayonetta tattoo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28411423@N08/5754030343/
#14Robin_Mask(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 3:28:28 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
^ He's talking about the weapon run achievements in story mode.

Many players got them by doing a 'projectile run' on an Acolyte Successive Play, where you use projectiles, ninpo, and skipping to run through the game without using a melee weapon at all, and then save at Ch 14 and get all 8 cheevos off that save.

I know of at least 1 player that's done 8 Master Ninja weapon runs with all the ToVs every time, which is a huge investment of time, but a great great accomplishment. Always wanted to do that myself but I never made the time for it.

I think I might end up doing this, I don't really feel like going through the entire game 8 times again lol, maybe for the Dragon Sword, but none other.

I'm guessing the bow and IS are used for bosses?
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#15MurphysGhostPosted 11/20/2012 5:07:17 PM
A lot of bosses are immune to projectiles (all the Greater Fiends are), so you'd just ninpo spam them, I guess.

(This is why it's preferred to do on successive play / Acolyte, so you'll have a good amount of Ki slots and full-powered ninpo, plenty of essence to burn, and the bosses don't have much health.)

For regular enemies, the Windmill Shuriken UT is basically what you'd spam.
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#16mn_MarsbarPosted 11/26/2012 9:34:24 AM
Projectile run is the best way to get all the weapons achievements. You can always go back and do individual runs if you want to.Easiest way is on Acolyte New Game +. You have to do it new game +so that you start out with the Windmill Shuriken. Windmill Shuriken ET/UT is the bread and butter move.

Ninpo for the bosses. If you have all the Ninpo slots and herbs for recharging there is more than enough.

Equip the Scythe because you can see blood on it right away if you accidentally hit a fiend. Restart at your last save in that case. Be careful when the game automatically equips a new weapon for you.....Volf fight and Genshin/Elizabet fight.
#17Deathscythe69Posted 12/17/2012 2:54:46 AM
MurphysGhost Posted

Damn why didn't I think of that? *ahem* so exactly how does that work? I waste my time doing like 6 weapon runs on Warrior, it was fun but time consuming especially the first time I attempted it, didn't realize that one hit with a different weapon would not earn you the achievement. I was so mad.

I save the best 2 weapons for last, DS and Lunar Staff. (haven't done them yet)
---
Birthdays were created by Hallmark to sell gift cards.
#18gamingdutchmanPosted 12/17/2012 9:33:11 AM
On a new game +, use the WS and Ninpo. IS and arrows have to be used consciously.
Kill Rat with ninpo, kill Genshin with IS. Keep multiple saves!

I never got further than the Genshin/Liz fight in Ch. 14. From there on, load and finish the game with a certain sword. The start of chapter 11 gives you the DS by default and beating Fiend Genshin gives you the BotA. Don't use em!

There was a detailed guide on IW's, with chapter- specific advise. You have to do it on acolyte, because otherwise killing bosses can be a pain or impossible.
---
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.