Chapter 11 MN no UT no ninpo bota run on youtube

#1Kazama JinPosted 12/15/2012 5:56:13 PM
I made a new run, I posted this on the archives already. Not trying to show off, but I feel like there's not a whole lot of no UT stuff being talked about for NG2, so I wanted to show whoever might be interested.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iD70ah1N23g - part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjdpyr8i9HA&feature=youtu.be - part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqibMRwUkUg&feature=youtu.be - part 3

The run is Chapter 11 Master Ninja, no UT (one accidental incendiary shuriken UT in part 3), and no ninpo, using the blade of the archfiend.

It includes the Rasetsu fight without UTs or ninpo, which is in part 1, around 27 mins or so.

I hope people enjoy it.
#2gamingdutchmanPosted 12/16/2012 2:29:22 PM
I haven't seen the vid yet, but well done Sir! Rat without UT or Ninpo is quite an accomplishment! I've tried It for ages with the TDS, but to no avail.
Very nice.
---
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
#3gamingdutchmanPosted 12/16/2012 2:45:06 PM
Just watched the Rat fight. Well done! That's not as easy as It looks! :)
---
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.
#4Kazama Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/16/2012 6:05:33 PM
Hey, thanks alot for watching! I appreciate it.

Yea the Rat fight is probably the hardest part. I've only done it with the claws and bota no UT or ninpo. I think it's possible with the TDS but I don't play that weapon enough to really know.

Besides the claws and bota, I'd say the TDS and maybe kusarigama (Maybe) have the best chance to do it no UT.

TDS because guard break dash+ gleaming blade has funky I-frame properties that I don't understand. sometimes they're amazing though.

KG because counter Y utterly destroys anything and everything within a mile. I got rid of all IS ninjas and left only the rasetsus with just counter Y. I died though after that.

But I'm glad people are interested in no UT play. Appreciate the view.
#5Kazama Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 6:20:04 PM
Forgot to mention: Special thanks to Massaca for recording this, and my friend Soknyadoll for putting it on her youtube. I appreciate the help!
#6TommyHayabusaNGPosted 1/17/2013 3:54:11 AM
Unreal work. Must have been a ton of trial and error. Chapter 11 is my favorite single level in any video game and this is a great watch.
#7Kazama Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 1/24/2013 6:39:02 PM
TommyHayabusaNG posted...
Unreal work. Must have been a ton of trial and error. Chapter 11 is my favorite single level in any video game and this is a great watch.

Hey thanks alot! It was alot of trial and error and having to learn how to play no UT play effectively, what to use and what not to use.

Yea I really like chapter 11 also. My only complaint is that I wish more weapons were easier to no UT play with on that level.
#8DXLR8RPosted 1/30/2013 6:14:06 AM
Been thinking for years about getting back into Ninja Gaiden II again, because it's still my favourite action game of this generation easily with no equal, and playing the Metal Gear Rising demo reminded me that it's still king, so watching this and the techniques like the incendiary kills in the beginning from jumping up and shooting over the wall were some very interesting things to see since I haven't touched the game in years.
---
/\/ / /\/_/ /\ G A I D E N II - ||=|| /-\ |_ {{3}} all I need - also known as Skilotonn at TeamXbox
#9MurphysGhostPosted 2/1/2013 8:44:33 AM
^ Yeah, I've wanted to get back into this game for a long time, it's just such an investment.

You really have to play NG2 a lot to not suck at it (on Master Ninja, anyway), and something's always getting in the way. But maybe this will be the year, if nothing else comes out after MGR that really interests me.

(Nothing I can think of at the moment... though I probably want to try Crysis 3 at some point, that can wait. If they come out with Halo 2 Anniversary I'm gonna be all over that, though. :P)
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#10Kazama Jin(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2013 7:45:42 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
^ Yeah, I've wanted to get back into this game for a long time, it's just such an investment.

You really have to play NG2 a lot to not suck at it (on Master Ninja, anyway), and something's always getting in the way. But maybe this will be the year, if nothing else comes out after MGR that really interests me.

(Nothing I can think of at the moment... though I probably want to try Crysis 3 at some point, that can wait. If they come out with Halo 2 Anniversary I'm gonna be all over that, though. :P)

Indeed, it does take alot of repeated play to play comfortably on MN, but. I found that once I wrote down a few strategies, and remembered exactly what works, it was easier to approach the game from not having played it and just jump right into CH11. That being said, finding out those strategies and really working all of that out took me many many hours on CH11 so..

And yea dude, I havent touched NG2 in probably a month or so. I've come across some awesome stuff in the ps2 shinobi that really is alot of fun to me, and I'm burnt out on NG2 at the minute, just need a break. I'll be watching for MGR reactions, and for me i really want to play that 3ds castlevania just for something different. :T