Mission 18 Vigoorian Flails

#1Robin_MaskPosted 1/19/2013 12:14:50 PM
What are some good combos to keep up with this weapon? I just can't seem to get anything good out of it and fail miserably at times. I already did Tonfa and Kusari-gama at least, this is the last difficult weapon I need help. I know the Izuna Drop, but I need some fast killing moves so I can try to farm green orbs.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#2Luigiman7Posted 1/19/2013 3:48:25 PM
I had a VF flail run on MN. Never got to far but i learned some combo's.

XXYY can be very good. It has a high rate of head decapitation with the last hit. It's not to safe against IS ninja (No I frames)

Forward YYYYYYY (or something) Piercing mountain if i am not mistaking should come in handy if you want green orbs because it's a pretty long combo in the air and sinds it is required that you get green orbs for long combo's this should work.
You can also turn this move into izuna drop.(forward YYXXXY or something)

Just forward Y(Y) has a very high delimb rate and is handy for fast kills (Immediate OT)
works on purple fiends very good. not sure about werewolves.

When you get the 5x combo i would recommend to use the the forward YY move (immediate OT afterwards) and get a UT out of it and keep UT chaining.

Unfortunately i don't have mission made anymore because of some harddrive issues i had long ago so i cannot test it. Good luck
#3TommyHayabusaNGPosted 1/20/2013 9:03:06 AM
I had a hard time with the Flails and the Talons.

Just remember, use the first round to build your multiplier. The higher the combo, the better chance you have to get a green essence. Use shrikens between combos to keep your combo going. Once you have a 5x multiplier, use the windmill shriken instead of the VF UT.
#4Robin_Mask(Topic Creator)Posted 1/20/2013 11:49:01 AM
TommyHayabusaNG posted...
I had a hard time with the Flails and the Talons.

Just remember, use the first round to build your multiplier. The higher the combo, the better chance you have to get a green essence. Use shrikens between combos to keep your combo going. Once you have a 5x multiplier, use the windmill shriken instead of the VF UT.

Why the Windmill UT? Come to think of it, I have NEVER used the UT for the VF.
---
Most biased gaming article: http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/33395/league-of-legends- crowns-itself-most-played-video-game-in-the-world
#5TommyHayabusaNGPosted 1/20/2013 1:38:32 PM
The Windmill UT will most likely decapitate and kill more enemies per UT than the VF UT. You will rack up more kill bonus points and instant kills that way than with the VF. As a matter of fact, once you have a 5X multiplier, your primary weapon should be the Windmill Shuriken for UTs. Only time I used the VF was to get my combo high for more green essence. It's a pain in the butt but it'll work better than the VF.
#6mn_MarsbarPosted 1/21/2013 7:31:35 AM(edited)
The flails mission is the hardest one to beat, imo.

I recommend you watch Youtube videos. They give tons of tips, especially if you can find one with commentary.

Use the Flail UT's very carefully because they take a long time and limit the Green essence production. Iirc, the best flails video that I saw, the player seldom used the Flails UT.

Use of Windmill Shiruken UT gives BIG points and it is very fast.

I get the flails and the claw combos mixed up. I think a good flails combo is X, X, >X, Y, Y, Y. But that might be a good claws combo.
#7Robin_Mask(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2013 9:33:46 AM
mn_Marsbar posted...
The flails mission is the hardest one to beat, imo.

I recommend you watch Youtube videos. They give tons of tips, especially if you can find one with commentary.

Use the Flail UT's very carefully because they take a long time and limit the Green essence production. Iirc, the best flails video that I saw, the player seldom used the Flails UT.

Use of Windmill Shiruken UT gives BIG points and it is very fast.

I get the flails and the claw combos mixed up. I think a good flails combo is X, X, >X, Y, Y, Y. But that might be a good claws combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5Thaws3wTQ

Currently watching this and got no idea how to use those air combos, I was doing it all wrong with just concentrating on IDs more than anything.
---
#8Luigiman7Posted 1/21/2013 12:14:23 PM
mn_Marsbar posted...

I think that is the the claw combo vermillion bird or something.

The combo's he is using are almost the exact same as i said in my post.
He pulls of a flying swallow with the flails which has the same button input as with the DS, but if you keep hitting Y the combo goes on just like in the movie
#9MurphysGhostPosted 1/23/2013 11:54:25 AM
@ TC one of the most important things about the WS UT is it is very fast and hits multiple enemies with high damage, while the Flail UT takes a long time (all the while your green essence timer is running out) and doesn't do much damage.

Some enemies can be OT'd quickly after being 'killed' by the WS UT, for a nice 15k bonus.

The Flying Swallow combo in the air is flashy but not very useful and takes a lot of time. Instead of using Izuna Drop you probably want to use XYXXXX, at least for the first round or two. Shuriken cancels can speed up the Flails moveset a lot, too.

Good luck!
---
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson
#10Robin_Mask(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2013 5:19:59 PM
MurphysGhost posted...
Shuriken cancels can speed up the Flails moveset a lot, too.

Good luck!

Thanks.

But what is a shuriken cancel?
---