All Purpose Custom Stages Thread V2

#11HugeRobotPosted 9/3/2008 9:28:38 AM

Yeah I want to know who you think knows what they're doing with that editor, Eskimo. Did you play my sequential set in order?

Also, don't know if you guys have seen this: http://ds.ign.com/articles/907/907063p1.html

It's right up our alley.

#12EskimoMario550(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 12:56:50 PM
Huge Robot. Ya, I did it in order, will post thoughts and replays once my other SoundClick section gets cleared.
Also, HELL YA! That contest looks awesome! I wish it was open to the public, but whatever. Stages designed by professionals is just more than fine too! SHWEET!
---
Brawl Code: 5112-3076-5657
I plays a meeeean Lucas. My second and third are Weegee and Oldmanondorf.
#13EskimoMario550(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 1:53:57 PM
Here's my new "band" in my account. I set it up so I could have one section for Replays and one for Custom Stages.
Here's the link to my Replay "band" - http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=870188

Anyway.

HugeRobot, I played your Stages in order as you said.
Stage 1 was cool. I liked the "UFO's" beaming down soldiers and the cannons on top. Nice.
Stage 2 was just ridiculous. Bullets EVERYWHERE, a bit easy though since X4's were popping out everywhere thanks to the enemy bulletstorm. Homing + Break EX MIX owned that Stage.
Stage 3 was a blast! The tons of Drill Bosses in an underground area was a cool touch, and pretty insane in combat!
Stage 4 I really liked. I like those kinds of Stages. Hands down my favorite.
Stage 5 was VERY anti-climatic though... I liked the setup of a face to face against Longai-O while he's supported by his men and such, but since Longai-O was the only target, it wasn't really that great. I mean, the Reflect strategy would've ended that in seconds. I beat him in a very short time even without the Reflector Wave. You needed an actual Stage leading up to him in a sealed off room to do battle or something like that. Anything really, just too anticlimactic...
Stage 6........ummm......what?

Also, Gunship was AWESOME! Plain and simple. Do make more Stages HugeRobot, or make a better final Stage for your little series, for the aforementioned reason.

Next, a review of kchant's Stages.
---
#14EskimoMario550(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 2:09:56 PM
Also, the Replays for you guys' Stages are up on that link I posted in my last post. Check em out.

Kchant, your Stages were pretty cool too.

DOWNLAND was pretty cool. Again, I have a thing for Stages like those. Although the abundance of Life Ups prevented it from being much of a challenge. You could remove one or two.

KROGER was good. I had some decent resistance, all spread out to keep the pressure on the player wherever he went. I like that. I felt that little random Push Block target was slightly unnecessary though...Also the random lil unguarded WoodBlock... Everything else was ok though. I believe you said this a was a tribute or something? If so, than don't take my criticism too much than. And this is just my thing for challenging Stages talking here, but I would've preferred a room of LifeUps over that Life Up dispenser you had there... But again, that's just me talking there.

PARAPA PALACE was a cool little tribute. Although what was up with the backwards turret? I even stopped to stare at it (you can see me staring at it in my Replay)....Unclean placement like that irks me...but than again, that's a minor thing, it still did it's job and fired at me...

GRID HUNT was a cool Stage. It's needs more Target inside the squares though. All you really have to do is just go around the whole grid and kill the Cores from outside. Longai-O and the other enemies (excluding the ants) don't try to chase you, making the squares kind of unnecessary. Other than that, I liked the design.

PIPES was a fun Stage! I liked the design of it and the whole Laser Floor that you also did in PARAPA PALACE. That's a cool idea. Can't believe I never though of that. I really like this Stage.

YIKES was hectic, as I'm sure it was meant to be. I liked it. and the lasers forcibly revealing you to enemy fire don't really give you and time to plan you attack.

I haven't tried your recent Stages out, will do either today or tomorrow. Do make moar kchant.
---
#15EskimoMario550(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 2:42:09 PM
Dude, those Stages for that IGN contest are pretty awesome! I especially love Verticality! I've never seen Cores used like that! Although I did do that Cannon Boss sheild thing in Tunnel to Hell...
---
#16EskimoMario550(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2008 9:11:39 PM
Uploaded the last of the Replays and also uploaded Replays of Verticality, Consequences and Temper's Pain from the IGN contest. Those were the three best IMO. Can't decide which to vote for...
---
#17garougtPosted 9/5/2008 1:19:49 PM
Here's my youtube page, I only have 3 Custom Stages for now (which aren't even that good, just for fun). But I have something special later I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/user/garougt
#18mokona7Posted 9/6/2008 7:56:29 PM
Oh man, I haven't been around in quite a while... but wow! I'm happy to be listed in the first post. Thank you very much for the exposure

Anyway: update! I've made another stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIwOaFTxNfU
Now then... I haven't made a whole lot lately and I'm not quite sure how people feel about individual posts about new stages...

So I'll devote this post to requesting a sticky!

---
Pokemon Pearl - Trainer KOUKI
Code: 3136 3363 9261
#19138hplPosted 9/9/2008 11:32:18 AM
Just wanted to say that I finally got a chance to play a few of Hugegiantrobot's stages, very cool. I give them an A+.

I plan on uploading a few more of my own in the next day or two. I've been having some computer problems and was also kind of giving Bangai-O a rest for a little while so I didn't burn out on it..but I feel the addiction starting to come back on strong now!
#20HugeRobotPosted 9/9/2008 8:21:09 PM

Thanks man. To clear up any misconceptions, Stage 6 in my sequence is a bonus stage. It's just fun to see how high you can pump your score with just a bunch of boxes and a basketball.

I'm working a new sequence in the same vein as "Gunship." It seems to get the most buzz (at least from my friends). Now that I sound like a conceited dick, I'm going to stop typing.

More topics from this board...
Mini FAQ 2.0EskimoMario550357/1/2013