Official tournament lets us know some tiers.

#1Zim_MasakiPosted 4/23/2008 7:50:01 AM
So there was just an official tournament here in Japan and so we now know what some of the units are considered to be. I think my friend got it from a magazine but possibly also from the gundam wiki page in Japanese. I will check with him tomorrow. Anyway here is the information so far

God is not a top tier unit. As I have said and as has now been officially judged.

The highest ranked unit is Wing followed by the blue Gouf (the one with the grappling hook, mini gun and actual metal sword).

Other top tier untis are master, alex, heavy arms and freedom.

Only thing I find slightly surprising is wing being ranked top. I've always found it very easy to beat, I guess I can understand though. It's assist is awesome and it can fire those massive lasers moving. Still I think it leaves itself vulnerable quite a lot.

Slightly surprised blue gouf is ranked 2nd. I guess it's incredibly unconventional movement is what makes it so difficult. I guess a really good user of it could be nearly untouchable with the grappling hook.

No surprise freedom, heavy or master are ranked high.
#2ZGMFX10Amod00Posted 4/23/2008 9:25:04 AM
Eh, as far as I know, the official tourney is on the 29th.

But personally, I would wait until Premium Dogfight III to judge tiers.
---
*Official GameFAQs Junk Tech*
SSBX: 2191-6912-1257 Playing: GSD:RvZ2, GvG, SSBX
#3Mr_White__Posted 4/23/2008 12:13:36 PM

Ya, that blue gouf can be a real (female dog) to beat if sommeone knows how to use it right. I see it used all the time. Its a unit that requires some practice (the most IMO) to get good with (but the most rewarding IMO as well), when I find a place i can just play the CPU I always try to practice with it because of how I have seen it used and domanate harder then any other 1k class, i half think its broken compared to the other 1k units aside from its not easy to get good with. I mean its got fast BD, good melee, hard movements to catch, nice gun, and sweet AB pull move that is basically like slightly shorter sword strike CS. Is anyone good with this unit? I would love some tips on its movements and which melee attacks work best in air/ground and stuff like that.

I am really surprised to see Alex up there. I very rarely see anyone play it and when I do I am never really impressed with it or how its used, its got more HP. I have never seen it done but I was just thinking that unit might be good against a melee based unit like god or master because of the anti melee armor. I cant remember the last time I have seen it used though... maybe their is something new i dont know about one of you guys could fill me in on why its up there.

#4NyushinPosted 4/23/2008 11:17:06 PM
Master is no surprise. I think overall it's better than God Gundam. It's weaker, but being in the lower tier counts for a lot.

As for Alex, it doesn't surprise me so much - remember tournament play is a little different; people are going to employ team strategies. The somewhat straight-up nature of the Alex, combined with its anti-melee armor and high health means a good player will probably be able to stay alive in difficult conditions.

As for Wing Zero, its Neo Bird Mode is really good in terms of getting from A to B - it reminds me of Savior from RvsZII in this respect.

I haven't tried that Gouf yet; maybe I should.

---
~There are some people that don't love their fellow man. I hate people like that.~
#5MooTipperPosted 4/24/2008 4:16:36 AM
Hmm, how much do they factor in the cost of the suit? Rather surprised that the Gouf is top-ranked. I would have thought that it would have trouble dealing out enough damage on it's own?
#6g0th1k4Posted 4/25/2008 3:40:35 PM
i think im gona agree on Gouf being top tier....it has great mobility and can get across the map in a mere number of seconds...insane melee tracking and a great machine gun
---
PSN: OneWingedTenshi
#7NyushinPosted 4/25/2008 5:14:29 PM
>> Hmm, how much do they factor in the cost of the suit? Rather surprised that the Gouf is top-ranked. I would have thought that it would have trouble dealing out enough damage on it's own?

Tier lists are always a bit debateable - especially in GvsG which is by nature a 2vs2 game. Some suits like Guntank and Master are brilliant, but depend a bit on a good partner. To do proper tier lists, you'd surely have to compare teams, not individual units.

---
~There are some people that don't love their fellow man. I hate people like that.~
#8NanamiPosted 5/1/2008 4:13:06 PM
I suck at using Gouf.

---
www.boycottbuyritegames.com
Boycott Buyrite Games! (gone but back with another name under GameBuyers)
#9gwwakPosted 5/2/2008 12:45:54 PM
I kinda like the Gouf's machine gun as it seems to do good damage and it reloads very quickly. I'm not too sure about the hook as I'm not too good with it. With the melee, I find that its priority not so great.
---
Hardcore™ - We'll probably be modded for this...
Feedback ticket count: 68