Should I Play On Medium or Hard?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Dead Space
  3. Should I Play On Medium or Hard?
8 years ago#1

I am a pretty good gamer. I got through Mega Man 9, played through Bioshock without dying (save for a few times experimenting with Big Daddy's), etc, etc.

Is Dead Space too easy on medium? Would I be better off playing on hard? I would just like some feedback from people who have tried out both difficulty settings!

Thanks!

8 years ago#2
I am also wondering the same thing?
NBA = Spurs , MLB = Chicago Cubs
8 years ago#3
It depends on your ability to manage ammo and stuff. I don't care how good you are, it'll be hard staying at full health the whole game. I'd say try medium and see how that goes.
Honest, Mr. Moderator, it'll never happen again!
8 years ago#4
So far, Hard mode isn't too hard. I haven't played the other modes so I can't really compare em, but the only thing I've noticed is that I was low on HP a lot early on (med packs started getting harder to find, unless you buy them). That changed when I got better with the main gun.
Omae o korosu-Heero Yuy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A
8 years ago#5
You need to know how to manage your resources, if you're an excellent shot, but absolutely suck at resource management, you're dead. It's the same way if you're a horrible shot, but excel at managing, you're dead.
Xbox gamertag: ApparentAXel101 PSN Nickname: ZombzROurFrenz Wii Friend code: 3903 2613 5973 4353/Bereaver
8 years ago#6
im playing the game on hard so far i havent had any real issues however i have died a few times trying to figure out the controls mostly "i think im still in the tutorial", but i do plan to change my suit to the one i downloaded "not scorpion but the other one"....that is once i figure out how to do that lol..

the games alot of fun and the atmospheres great, my wife jumped then yelled at me the first time i got attacked. playing a game where you cant just unload a dozen bullets into someone is different, and the fact that the very important statsis thingy does take energy to use is kind of unnerving.

(walls of emptiness connect all opposites)
GT:MTPathy
8 years ago#7
first level sucked for lack of ammo on hard with un upgraded plasma cutter

currently playing: with myself
8 years ago#8
I'm playing on medium because the achievements are the same between that and hard. I am able to melee most of my kills so far in the game using stasis so ammo preservation isn't really an issue if you're good with melee.
8 years ago#9
Personally, I always start games on on the normal setting, and then play through hard later. Though, I could probably play this on hard because I've always been good at being INCREDIBLY stingy with my inventory items (Resident Evil 4 comes to mind), and then reloading a save if something goes wrong (I missed my first shot on this guy? RELOAD!)...yeah, I'm kind of undecided, too.
8 years ago#10

th3nobodi3s posted...
first level sucked for lack of ammo on hard with un upgraded plasma cutter

---
currently playing: with myself

WORD.

(i died like 20 times)

1. Boards
  2. Dead Space
  3. Should I Play On Medium or Hard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived