Should I Play On Medium or Hard?

#1Kobi1KobiPosted 10/15/2008 7:03:13 PM

I am a pretty good gamer. I got through Mega Man 9, played through Bioshock without dying (save for a few times experimenting with Big Daddy's), etc, etc.

Is Dead Space too easy on medium? Would I be better off playing on hard? I would just like some feedback from people who have tried out both difficulty settings!

Thanks!

#2odogs4Posted 10/15/2008 7:03:49 PM
I am also wondering the same thing?
---
NBA = Spurs , MLB = Chicago Cubs
#3oOo0Zero0oOoPosted 10/15/2008 7:05:19 PM
It depends on your ability to manage ammo and stuff. I don't care how good you are, it'll be hard staying at full health the whole game. I'd say try medium and see how that goes.
---
Honest, Mr. Moderator, it'll never happen again!
#4blur16Posted 10/15/2008 7:08:04 PM
So far, Hard mode isn't too hard. I haven't played the other modes so I can't really compare em, but the only thing I've noticed is that I was low on HP a lot early on (med packs started getting harder to find, unless you buy them). That changed when I got better with the main gun.
---
Omae o korosu-Heero Yuy
http://youtube.com/watch?v=80DtQD5BQ_A
#5OrkpowerPosted 10/15/2008 7:12:59 PM
You need to know how to manage your resources, if you're an excellent shot, but absolutely suck at resource management, you're dead. It's the same way if you're a horrible shot, but excel at managing, you're dead.
---
Xbox gamertag: ApparentAXel101 PSN Nickname: ZombzROurFrenz Wii Friend code: 3903 2613 5973 4353/Bereaver
#6darkharePosted 10/15/2008 7:14:17 PM
im playing the game on hard so far i havent had any real issues however i have died a few times trying to figure out the controls mostly "i think im still in the tutorial", but i do plan to change my suit to the one i downloaded "not scorpion but the other one"....that is once i figure out how to do that lol..

the games alot of fun and the atmospheres great, my wife jumped then yelled at me the first time i got attacked. playing a game where you cant just unload a dozen bullets into someone is different, and the fact that the very important statsis thingy does take energy to use is kind of unnerving.

---
(walls of emptiness connect all opposites)
GT:MTPathy
#7th3nobodi3sPosted 10/15/2008 7:15:28 PM
first level sucked for lack of ammo on hard with un upgraded plasma cutter

---
currently playing: with myself
#86speednissanPosted 10/15/2008 7:17:14 PM
I'm playing on medium because the achievements are the same between that and hard. I am able to melee most of my kills so far in the game using stasis so ammo preservation isn't really an issue if you're good with melee.
#9Champ721Posted 10/15/2008 7:19:25 PM
Personally, I always start games on on the normal setting, and then play through hard later. Though, I could probably play this on hard because I've always been good at being INCREDIBLY stingy with my inventory items (Resident Evil 4 comes to mind), and then reloading a save if something goes wrong (I missed my first shot on this guy? RELOAD!)...yeah, I'm kind of undecided, too.
#10LebleuPosted 10/15/2008 7:31:23 PM

th3nobodi3s posted...
first level sucked for lack of ammo on hard with un upgraded plasma cutter

---
currently playing: with myself

WORD.

(i died like 20 times)