Best weapon to use throughout impossible mode?

#1DieForDixiePosted 10/23/2008 1:26:45 PM
The Line Gun is pretty useful but I don't know how well it would work on bosses, I used the pulse rifle throughout my first play through (medium) and even fully upgraded I wasn't too Impressed.
What are your thoughts?
#2Scion_of_BaconPosted 10/23/2008 1:29:29 PM
My thoughts are a cliche on this board, actually, but I'd have to say the Plasma Cutter is the most versatile, even though the Line Gun is by far my favorite weapon.
#3DarkLord63Posted 10/23/2008 1:29:57 PM
Well I did the One Gun achievement during my impossible run so the plasma cutter works. There were some time however where I was wishing I had a pulse rifle or line cutter due to multiple enemies attacking from all directions.
---
You know you play too much Halo when you hear that there's a flood warning in your area and go straight for the shotgun.-Ireth
#4slayne86Posted 10/23/2008 1:30:49 PM
plasma cutter or line gun is all u need.
#5quinntendopowerPosted 10/23/2008 1:31:01 PM
i used the plasma cutter on my first and 2nd playthroughs, for hard and impossible.

i didn't even use any new guns until this 2nd round on impossible, trying to get the "max out everything" achievement. i must say, on impossible anyway, the only gun that is any good other then the cutter is the line guns 2ndary fire. i like to use stasis then use the 2ndary fire to clean it up.

the only other scenario another gun comes in handy, is the pulse rifle for the tentacles that grab you in the hallways, and i plan on using it on the last boss when he grabs you

all in all, the cutter provides the most efficient, cheapest to operate weapon you can use, both long range and short range.
#6BoomBoyGTIPosted 10/23/2008 1:37:37 PM
What about the force gun? Is it worth to buy and use it in the impossible mode?

---
Why so silly?
#7ResidentGear31Posted 10/23/2008 2:00:12 PM
The only guns i would recommend are the plasma cutter, line gun, and contact beam.
#8rentalunitPosted 10/23/2008 2:12:37 PM
Plasma cutter is always a definite as a fall-back weapon. The fully upgraded Line Gun it just an awesome weapon to use as much as possible. Really hacks baddies apart.
#9x_lone_x_wolf_xPosted 10/23/2008 2:22:47 PM
Are the other weapons really that bad? I've just got to the point where I can use every gun. The flamethrower just doesnt seem like its doing anything. The ripper feels too weak to me. I like the line gun but it doesnt have much ammo and uses up too quickly. The pulse rifle feels too weak. The only gun I really use is the Plasma Cutter and I just use the others when I run out of plasma energy.
#10gfrasfsPosted 10/23/2008 3:41:18 PM
my first playthrough was on medium with only the plasma cutter for the one gun achievement. next i was going to play impossible...i'm a little amused and disappointed to find that it looks like i'll just be doing a lot more plasma cutting, ha ha.