Just beat the game [Spoilers]

#1sebastianscottPosted 3/18/2012 8:15:15 PM
Thoughts
>LoLKendra
>Hammond </3
>LoL@Anyone who thought his wife wasn't a hallucination throughout the game. The unitology symbols / she has hair kind of points to her not being a Necromorph, and actually a hallucination at the end.
>LoLGame. Did not live up to the hype in terms of scary. Did live up to the hype in terms of fun.
>Did Plasma Cutter challenge first time through. Honestly saw no reason to ever buy the other weapons. I wouldn't have bought them even if there wasn't an achievement for playing through the game with a Plasma Cutter.

Now I'm debating whether or not I should play it on Impossible, or go through it on Easy first to get the kill achievements I missed / get used to the weapons to see if they might be useful on Impossible.
---
For a scream, it seemed to lack a sense of urgency.
-Faize: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope http://raptr.com/badge/a98017a96295089cd5892720f081b1fe/fs.png
#2shadowvaynePosted 3/19/2012 6:04:38 PM
sebastianscott posted...
Thoughts
>LoLKendra
>Hammond </3
>LoL@Anyone who thought his wife wasn't a hallucination throughout the game. The unitology symbols / she has hair kind of points to her not being a Necromorph, and actually a hallucination at the end.
>LoLGame. Did not live up to the hype in terms of scary. Did live up to the hype in terms of fun.
>Did Plasma Cutter challenge first time through. Honestly saw no reason to ever buy the other weapons. I wouldn't have bought them even if there wasn't an achievement for playing through the game with a Plasma Cutter.

Now I'm debating whether or not I should play it on Impossible, or go through it on Easy first to get the kill achievements I missed / get used to the weapons to see if they might be useful on Impossible.

So, since Kendra has hair that makes her a hallucination as well? I don't see the logic there. Also, it seems to me you rushed through the game and didn't get much of the story. When you switch to other the difficulties, you have to start all over fyi.
---
Waiting for Halo 4, Prototype2, RE: Operation Raccoon City, DMC, RE 6, and Darksiders 2.
#3AzanodePosted 3/19/2012 8:17:42 PM
^ I think he's talking about two things there. The first just an off-hand comment about how obvious it was that Nicole was dead, and second he's saying the jump scare at the end was a hallucination of Nicole and not her body turned into a Necromorph.

Anyway, on Impossible I just use Plasma Cutter and Line Gun. PC is still a deadly all-rounder and you don't really need anything else but I like the Line Gun because it's basically a super-powered Plasma Cutter that's good for dealing with enemies that normally absorb a lot of damage. I suppose it's worth playing around with everything to see what you like.
#4shadowvaynePosted 3/20/2012 6:54:52 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943338-dead-space/62306692

Have a look. This person brought up a great point.
---
Waiting for Halo 4, Prototype2, RE: Operation Raccoon City, DMC, RE 6, and Darksiders 2.
#5sebastianscott(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2012 1:11:53 AM
I always just figured that the Necromorphs / Nicole were basically one in the same >_>; They needed Isaac to get the Marker in place [...Yes I know this doesn't hold up... at all. Considering they constantly attack him even whilst he's moving the Marker to 'Make them whole again'.] so they put up a convincing hallucination whilst Kendra unlocked the door during the radio jamming.

Orr.. well no she killed herself.

Soo.... yeah, I'll just go with the 'They wanted a convincing hallucination.'

Only tried a few of the weapons thus far, on Impossible I'm probably just going to do another Plasma Cutter run, maybe get the Line Gun if I really feel the need. Force Gun / Ripper just feel completely useless... Contact Beam is fun, but doesn't seem very practical.

Anyone else constantly think of the Flood while playing >_>? I mean, they aren't really too similar, but still. When I entered Hydrophonics I just went 'Oh great. Its the Cortona mission -_-' Luckily there wasn't as much biomass as I thought there would be.

Oh and... Did anyone else find it odd that Kendra goes 'I hope thats the last we see of it.' [the Necromorph you freeze in Cryo] . . . when you clearly see it placed on the wall along with the other frozen specimens, and Dr. Mercer has complete control of Medical? It seems like the only thing to do would be unfreeze.

By the way, how exactly did everyone survive running around? Dr. Mercer walked around A LOT, and he wasn't killed until he let himself die. Temple and Elizabeth [God damn the Dr!] only died when they got stabbed in the forehead by another human. Are Necromorphs just easy to hide from, and Issac sucks at it? No one else besides Hammond and Kendra were actually seen with weapons [Excluding the two people at the start that came on the ship with you three].
---
For a scream, it seemed to lack a sense of urgency.
-Faize: Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope http://raptr.com/badge/a98017a96295089cd5892720f081b1fe/fs.png
#6arrowinthekneePosted 4/2/2012 3:34:40 PM
shadowvayne posted...
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/943338-dead-space/62306692

Have a look. This person brought up a great point.

"The topic you selected is no longer available for viewing."

thanks.
---
---I used to browse Gamefaqs like you... Then i created this account---
#7ExxexPosted 4/5/2012 12:37:57 PM
Ha...

I actually saved the one gun achievement for the Impossible run.
I unlocked one gun and epic tier three at the same time.

Btw the first time I played it, I set it to hard. It made my experience a whole lot memorable. Then after three or four playthroughs I set it on easy.

Gah...I slapped one of the nercs and he flopped around...I got to chapter 4, had enough, then ran all the way back to a new Impossible run.

Also I use the ripper on elite nercs...how about that?

Black arm runners turn back when they see their buddy getting cut up on the floor with my ripper blade. Love their screams.