Question about a treasure chest

#1fstyzek2Posted 10/22/2009 7:29:22 PM
I have been trying to get the final treasure chest in wonderland (The Shining Gem in the Mad Hatter room) and I cannot figure out how to get it. I am actually now on day 224: MIssion 61 and went back and STILL cannot get it. Can anyone help me out with this by maybe telling me how to approach it and what panels I should use? I normally would not care til the end of the game and go back and do it, but Demyx cares right now that I get all those chest and i'm sure it will open up another mission. Thanks!
#2happypor100prePosted 10/22/2009 7:31:48 PM
After you finish the game all extra missions will be unlocked.soo dont sweat it.
#3live2play06Posted 10/22/2009 7:33:17 PM
Just high jump and glide. Jump up to the balcony above the little house, then jump out and glide to the chest.

Might take a few tries, but you should be able to get it easily.
---
Quotes from God: "The inquisition? All right, fine. My bad." "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."
#4fstyzek2(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2009 8:09:56 PM
Will just having high jump and glide without any extra panels be ok? I believe I have a level up in both but please let me know if this makes a difference. Thanks
#5megafiercePosted 10/22/2009 8:17:30 PM
Yes. It does.

I think high-level Glides mean you drop slower. High-level High Jumps mean you of course jump higher.
Also, you may know this, but you need to take the door that puts you on top of the hedges when you enter the area, not the one on ground-level.
---
Not only does [Smash Bros] promote violence against women - it also promotes violence against animals, and kids.~ Metamorphazone
#6AcetylePosted 10/22/2009 8:18:40 PM
I actually got around without glide for the longest time, by using nimble gear+ (i think. The one that basically gives you two air combos). You know that there's a door to the left (and above) of the entrance to the forest right? Well, if you climb some mushrooms onto the platforms above, there's a spot you can jump from and combo to get to that platform with the entrance that leads to the Mad Hatter room, from where you will be able to take a couple steps left (after entering), and combo again to reach he top their. This Key blade has gotten me to the balcony of the room before by jumping off the back rest of a chair, but i couldn't get anywhere from there.
---
ACCF friend code:
Spooky+ @ (that star symbol, not an asterisk)ToyBox(that same star); 4382 5560 0583
#7live2play06Posted 10/22/2009 8:27:39 PM
Also, you may know this, but you need to take the door that puts you on top of the hedges when you enter the area, not the one on ground-level.

Helpful, but not necessary. You don't even need leveled up High Jump or Glide. You can jump and grab onto the rail of the balcony to the left of the room, then jump out from under the roof and glide over the table to the hedge in the corner. I just did it multiple times earlier today.
---
Quotes from God: "The inquisition? All right, fine. My bad." "Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain."
#8ReikaiDemonPosted 10/23/2009 3:41:15 AM
There's a entrance to the top of the hedges in the forest, when your first enter the forest, it should be to the left and above you. This is the only door that does not lead to the Bizarre Room., after that, you should be able to jump to the hedge. You could actually get there much much earlier in the game with air slide and a long air combo keyblade.