PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#22Lelouch71Posted 12/22/2010 7:16:13 PM
Terra=Main Character
Aqua=Main Hero
Ventus=Plot Device
---
"There is nothing either good or evil, but thinking makes it so"
#23BIG_C_4_LIFEPosted 12/22/2010 10:01:19 PM
Nomura confirmed that Aqua is the main character.
---
Don't read this.... I said don't read this! Why the **** are you still reading this?!
#24hukeviPosted 12/22/2010 10:33:32 PM
Terra
---
#25soma2035Posted 12/23/2010 2:39:56 PM
Is it just me or Aqua could've simply been taken out of the game entirely? After Xehanort took over Terra, and then subsequently lost to Terra's Lingering Sentiment, his thoughts were already unclear. They could've left Aqua out all together - skip from Xehanort being consumed by the light in the Keyblade Graveyard, to him appearing in Radiant Garden and being found by Braig. Castle Oblivion being created by Eraqus with his dying breath, instead of Aqua. Ventus appearing directly in Castle Oblivion, rather than randomly drifting around somewhere (hey, if they're going to teleport him randomly, why not put him where he wants to be?)

It would leave a lot of Disney world stories untied, but most of those didn't matter anyways. Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, and Cinderella get captured by Maleficent anyways. Stitch still gets banished. Zack still dies. Hercules still becomes a hero, and Hades is still a pain in the a** for the locals (despite being awesome). The Captain Hook vs Peter Pan feud is still going, Pete would've been banished anyways.

I don't know why Nomura calls Aqua the main character when with only a handful of very minor adjustments, she could be removed entirely. The secret episode didn't even need to happen - when Terra's Lingering Sentiment took down Xehanort, I was already expecting the scene in the Radiant Garden.

---
To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...
#26Pats4Life128151Posted 12/23/2010 2:43:14 PM
Terra=Main Character
Aqua=Main Hero
Ventus=Plot Device

This
---
PSN: BengalFan85 Official Axel of the KH:BBS Boards
Tom Brady >Mike Vick>Tebow>>>>Peyton Manning
#27evechanPosted 12/23/2010 4:57:12 PM
Terra=Main Character
Aqua=Main Hero
Ventus=Plot Device

I have to agree. Aqua is actually one of my favorite characters in the whole series but in my opinion she isn't the main character. It's Terra since he is the reason they made this game which should be aware to anyone who has see all the Xehanort incarnations and who has seen Lingering Sentiment. Aqua might not be the main character but she is the main hero. She actually shares more characteristics with Sora than Ven who resembles Kairi and Xion.

Let's see what Nomura said himself in the interview in the BBS Ultimania: (Link: http://forums.khinsider.com/future-kingdom-hearts/147012-ultimania-full-nomura-interview.html)

my own thoughts are in brackets [ ]

-Had you planned on there being a Last Episode after the first three scenarios were complete?
Nomura: No, it wasn’t in the original scenario that we wrote. The scene at the end where Aqua is walking through the dark realm was the original ending to Aqua’s scenario. The scene after that with Sora and Riku talking on the beach wasn’t there at all. But because that would mean all of their scenarios ended on a dark note, we included Last Episode and the scene with Sora and Riku talking.

[ So the Aqua's fight against Terranort wasn't even that of importance and necessary if he actually let Aqua fall into darkness without a fight against Terranort given that Aqua's scenario was actually supposed to end after her fight against Vanitas.]

-How did you decide on the design for their faces?
Nomura: Well Terra’s look was already a decided thing, we just had to make him look a bit younger. I knew that Ventus should look either like Sora or Roxas, and I wasn’t sure which one to go with, but I thought Vanitas looking like Sora would have a bigger impact so I had Ventus look like Roxas instead. And there is a reason that Vanitas looks like Sora. As Sora filled in Ventus’ fractured heart, the fractured part (Vanitas) was effected by Sora and ended up with Sora’s face. So if it had been Riku who had filled in Ventus’ heart, Vanitas would have looked like Riku.

[ (Terra (the reason why they made the game) and Ven (the plot device) actually had an early concept)]

-- And what about the lone woman of the group?
Nomura: Since she has no base to work with, unlike Terra and Ventus, I drew her as an entirely new character. Since I had made Terra with somewhat Japanese styled clothing, I had that in mind when I designed the belt around her hips and gave her belled sleeves.

[ What he is saying is that she could have been anyone or even left out. Nomura adapted her clothes to Terra's and Eraqus' Japanese styled clothing which seems to be common in the Land of Departure.]

-- It seems Aqua is pretty popular.
Nomura: I had no idea that was going to happen actually. When I was drawing her I kept worrying that since she has no connection to existing characters that no one would care about her. I made Xion from Days a “short-lived and pure girl”, but I wanted Aqua to be a strong girl. But, instead of making her a “strong girl who can beat the guys” I wanted to make her “feminine and strong”. I didn’t know how people would take her, but I think it’s all thanks to Megumi Toyoguchi. When she did the voice for Paine in FFX-2, it was lower than her normal voice. But this time she performed closer to normal voice. I think she was able to express the strength that I wanted Aqua to have.

[ I think that this speaks for itself that he never intended to make Aqua the main character. He noticed her popularity and included her more with the Last Episode.]
#28BillysanPosted 12/23/2010 5:03:08 PM

[ I think that this speaks for itself that he never intended to make Aqua the main character. He noticed her popularity and included her more with the Last Episode.]

No it just says he was worried she wouldn't be has popular. Nothing there contradicts the argument that she wasn't designed to be the main character.
---
http://billysan291.deviantart.com/
PSN: Billysan291 360 Live: Billy Saltzman
#29lvlontl3lancPosted 12/23/2010 5:47:40 PM
Terra is the protagonist while Aqua is the main character
---
The FAQ pages work, no seriously they do!
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Starcraft 2
#30lvlontl3lancPosted 12/23/2010 5:48:12 PM
Although I suppose you could say Ventus is the "hero" of the game since he is the one who stops Vanitas and the X-Blade...
---
The FAQ pages work, no seriously they do!
Currently playing: Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, Starcraft 2