How will I fare story-wise with only playing KH, KH2, and CoM?

#1furrybeaversPosted 1/6/2013 12:22:35 AM
I picked this up and was going to start playing it, but I wasn't sure if I would understand the story without playing the games from the Nintendo and mobile games. I don't have a DS or 3DS and don't plan on it, so I won't be able to play them either way.

I know this is a prequel, but I'm just curious if I need to read any story synopsises (sp?) or if I'll be okay.

Been forever since I've played a KH, looking forward to this big time.
---
Currently: Catching up on my Netflix Instant Queue, and Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Tales of Graces F
Care less, have power
#2joegt123Posted 1/6/2013 3:31:07 AM
I'm pretty sure bbs came out before the ds ones... 3945andahalf days or whatever it was.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#3ElectriumPosted 1/7/2013 2:33:51 PM
CoM is probably the only "side-series" game besides BBS that's actually kind of important to play. And you've already played that, so you should be good.

KH:358/2 days is interesting if you like Roxas a lot, but it's not really necessary (especially for understanding BBS). Re:Coded is basically pointless altogether, story-wise. If you can find a way to play KH:3D (or at least read a summary), I would highly recommend doing so *after* you finish BBS.
---
Playing: Virtue's Last Reward, Halo 4
#4furrybeavers(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2013 3:23:53 AM
Okay, awesome. Thanks for the responses.

I decided to replay the first three before I hit BBS, even though I'd love to experience the prequel beforehand.

Cheers.
---
Currently: Catching up on my Netflix Instant Queue, and Uncharted 3, Skyrim, Tales of Graces F
Care less, have power
#5joegt123Posted 1/9/2013 12:38:55 AM
I'd get Re:com if you can. Normal CoM is garbage.
---
"Nothin' to see here. Nope. Nobody special. Ignore the mick with the bomb."
Currently Playing: Too damn many things at the same bloody time... (25+)
#6shadow chao 10Posted 1/9/2013 10:52:20 AM
Nah, normal CoM is fine. The script is better.
---
~Space for rent~
#7slmcknettPosted 1/15/2013 1:07:38 AM
Yeah, as long as you played KH1, CoM, and KH2, you're all caught up.

You don't need to play Days until afterwards, and you basically never need to play Re:coded at all.
---
Official Luxord of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board
#8I_am_always_mePosted 1/21/2013 3:50:06 PM
Nah, normal CoM is fine. The script is better.

Script is almost the same. Everything else in Re:CoM is better.
---
Pokemon White FC: Zippy [2838-3935-7013]
3DS FC [2707-1897-9929]
#9kayniePosted 1/28/2013 1:44:01 AM
I never even finish playing KH2 or play CoM at all when I started this game, and have only beaten KH. I can still understand the basic plot well after completed all 3 characters, but I don't have any wow moment like what my friend with extensive KH knowledge had though.