WTF random reset?!

#1DreamGoddess1Posted 3/16/2013 6:21:48 PM
I was playing just a few minutes ago and doing really well in Mirage Arena's "Keepers of the Arena" which I've been having a very difficult time on with Terra despite having almost everything and being Level 50. Suddenly, the game reset itself for no reason in the middle of Round 8!

I am so f'ing pissed off right now I can't see straight because that match takes like a half hour to complete and I was feeling good about actually beating Iron Imprisoner for the first time. What the hell happened?

I looked for other topics, but it didn't answer anything. My copy is legit, I did the full install, and my firmware is the most recent version. I don't even know if I can keep playing this game after that.
---
Spread the joy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4
#2SSj7CloudSPosted 3/16/2013 8:24:25 PM
Honestly unless it had something to do with your battery or the disc has a scratch on it, it's really hard to say, never had it randomly reset on me in the hundred some hours I have on it. I've had resets happen on a couple other PSP games because of the battery or the disc condition but other than that, wish I could tell you for sure what it was that caused it.
---
Playing: Phantasy Star Universe, Shining Force EXA, The Last Story, Metal Gear Rising
PSN: jext77
#3MonkeySeraphPosted 3/16/2013 9:48:37 PM
DreamGoddess1 posted...
I was playing just a few minutes ago and doing really well in Mirage Arena's "Keepers of the Arena" which I've been having a very difficult time on with Terra despite having almost everything and being Level 50. Suddenly, the game reset itself for no reason in the middle of Round 8!

I am so f'ing pissed off right now I can't see straight because that match takes like a half hour to complete and I was feeling good about actually beating Iron Imprisoner for the first time. What the hell happened?

I looked for other topics, but it didn't answer anything. My copy is legit, I did the full install, and my firmware is the most recent version. I don't even know if I can keep playing this game after that.

Yeah this was probably your own fault. You need to be careful about holding up the power slider when playing because the moment you move your hand it will reset.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#4DreamGoddess1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 5:37:38 PM
MonkeySeraph posted...
Yeah this was probably your own fault. You need to be careful about holding up the power slider when playing because the moment you move your hand it will reset.

Screw you, jerk. My own fault? Go screw yourself. I didn't do anything like that.

Also, the PSP and the game are both brand new pretty much (Christmas presents). The battery is fine and the disc is flawless. I take good care of my stuff.
---
Spread the joy!
#5MonkeySeraphPosted 3/18/2013 7:06:23 PM
DreamGoddess1 posted...
MonkeySeraph posted...

Screw you, jerk. My own fault? Go screw yourself. I didn't do anything like that.

Also, the PSP and the game are both brand new pretty much (Christmas presents). The battery is fine and the disc is flawless. I take good care of my stuff.

I don't see why you would be upset from what you've described my explanation is even more plausible especially as it is a common mistake.
---
Hero of the Mad King war.
#6DreamGoddess1(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 10:45:59 PM
I've mad because you implied that I'm some sort of moron who would do that. Also, I said the game reset. It didn't shut off, it reset.
---
Spread the joy!
#7SSj7CloudSPosted 3/18/2013 10:50:34 PM
DreamGoddess1 posted...
MonkeySeraph posted...

Maybe you bumped the power slider then on accident? It's pretty easy to move without meaning to since it doesn't take much to move it upward. It can cause resets if that's the case, I've had it get me a couple times playing Hexyz Force. Like when you're mashing buttons quick enough, your thumb presses up against the slider and can reset it without you meaning to. Only other thing I can think of that did it is if there was a quick jerk that moved the UMD around, that can easily force a game to reset.
---
Playing: Shining Force EXA, The Last Story, Metal Gear Rising
PSN: jext77
#8The_Lost_SabrePosted 3/19/2013 7:42:14 PM
Power slider being pushed is a common mistake. Especially if you don't watch how you hold the PSP. You don't even need to slide the power slider with your finger by accident; the area just below your thumb is enough to rarely slide the power slider by accident.

Sometimes though, the UMD loader do some funny thing in very rare cases. You're just unlucky if that's the case. :|
---
"Heheheh..."
"Being dark just puts a greater demand on intellectual maturity -- you have to be smart for it to work." ~ Crono Maniac
#9_Izanagi_Posted 3/21/2013 4:38:36 AM
DreamGoddess1 posted...
MonkeySeraph posted...

I've had this happen to me a few times too, TC. It was usually in the Mirage Arena. My PSP and game were both bought brand new, and I know for sure I didn't accidently hit the power slider. It just might be a glitch in this game.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
#10ajmrowland1Posted 4/1/2013 2:49:20 PM
DreamGoddess1 posted...
MonkeySeraph posted...

The game has a soft reset function. If you end up holding L R select and start, it will reset. You might not have done it on purpose, but if it were an actual glitch, it's completely new here otherwise somebody would've posted it on a number of sites.