Playing as Aqua

#1rhh3713Posted 7/9/2013 7:35:28 PM
So I've played through both Terra and Ven at this point both on critical, I had to do a bit of grinding but mainly by just going to the arena and getting as far as I can through there before facing the final boss.

And now I come to Aqua's story and wow. I'm having to grind like crazy in the first freaking world. I can tell you right now that I am having a hard time adjusting to her cartwheel and barrier. But I mean seriously though, does she seem underpowered compared to the other two to anybody else or do I just really suck at using Aqua?
#2xfyrenxPosted 7/9/2013 10:48:51 PM
You're supposed to use commands much more than just attacking (Terra was 90% attack, Ven was 50-60%, Aqua is about 10-20%). Try to get Magnet from the Command Board, it'll make your life much easier.
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
#3rhh3713(Topic Creator)Posted 7/10/2013 5:36:51 AM
Thanks for the tip, I played a quick round on the command board and got both magnet and cure along with a few other useful commands and it has made it a good deal easier.
#4____bob____Posted 7/15/2013 1:12:22 PM
It's a good think you saved her for last. She's the most overpowered of the three.
---
R.I.P Ronnie James Dio
#5rhh3713(Topic Creator)Posted 7/15/2013 5:18:04 PM
She definitely is strong once you get used to her fighting style, it's a rather large jump from the other two focusing mainly on physical attacks.
#6spar_keyPosted 7/17/2013 2:00:57 AM
Once you master her barrier and find commands that are good for you you will find that she is amazing to play as. Her cartwheel is the best (for me) fir dodging attacks.
#7IzanaglPosted 7/26/2013 1:39:55 AM
rhh3713 posted...
And now I come to Aqua's story and wow. I'm having to grind like crazy in the first freaking world. I can tell you right now that I am having a hard time adjusting to her cartwheel and barrier. But I mean seriously though, does she seem underpowered compared to the other two to anybody else or do I just really suck at using Aqua?

Neither. The enemies in her first world are the strongest out of the three. They are unbelievably strong. I breezed through Ventus' and Terra's first world, even on Critical. But on Aqua's, I must have died over a hundred times.

...Yeah, I don't give up.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
The World has returned to reclaim his throne. Send in the clowns.
#8Hirokey123Posted 7/28/2013 10:34:26 AM
By the time you get to Radiant Garden you should be able to synth a heavy chunk of Aqua's best commands and once she has those she's vastly more powerful than Terra and Ventus. She's ultimately the strongest of the three characters despite starting out as one of the weakest.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me