The Difficulty Level In This Game is Completely Absurd

#1The_Brood13Posted 11/3/2013 2:31:59 PM
After 2 full days morning to night of absolutely f*****ing torture I finally managed to beat Terra's last boss...on standard difficulty...and that is the most insane s*** I have ever had to go through against any game boss that I can possibly remember. To list out all of the things that were completely unfair in this fight would take forever and a day. Complete nonsense from start to finish.

My question though is why. Were all the 'hardcore gamers' so butt-hurt that KH2 was relatively easy that they demanded no one but they would be allowed to complete this game? And if so, why did the developers listen? This is a game largely based on the Disney universe, yet it makes Devil May Cry 3 on hardest difficulty seem like a walk in the park compared to this sh**. A game with good story and feel worthy of the KH series....but then I don't know what the hell was going in with the final few bosses, in particular the last one. Complete stupidity that drained every last ounce of fun out of the game.

Was it really necessary to make this game complete torture? How in the bluest of blue hells did they decide to make even standard mode so absurdly hard?

While I see others have also complained about the difficulty, professional game reviews aren't really tackling that issue much, and I'm trying to wrap my head around how that's possible.
#2starrkPosted 11/3/2013 9:57:59 PM
Maybe because other people don't have as much trouble as you did...

It's an RPG. If you have trouble, level up.
---
The bigger the lie, the more they believe.
#3hamster destroyerPosted 11/6/2013 2:34:54 AM
Block and counter hammer do tremendous damage to him.
---
I don't care what you're doing, so much as the idiotic way you're doing it.
Vincent Valentine
#4xfyrenxPosted 11/6/2013 3:17:06 PM
starrk posted...
It's an RPG. If you have trouble, level up.

That's my usual answer. And I really don't remember having that much trouble in this game (the only ones being the secret bosses).
---
Don't worry; your manhood will be safe even if one of the PCs in the next game wears pink. Get over it. - EvenSpoonier
3DS FC 2492-4153-0622
#5WayToTheVoidPosted 11/9/2013 9:23:57 PM
IMO Birth by Sleep is the easiest kh game. for everyboss you just needa have a set strategy and be consistent. i personally thought KH2 was only slightly easier, unless we're talking about FM. I played both games on critical mode. and KH2 FM was a lot harder than bbsFM, other than BBSFM's secret bosses.
#6Moomba33Posted 11/10/2013 10:21:04 AM(edited)
BBS is the hardest IMO, going by standard mode.
You don't need any strategy in KH1 and 2, just attack and heal.

And to tc: I struggled with this game a lot too.
I just don't have the reflexes to do well in action games, but as has been said since this game has RPG elements you can level up to make things easier.
Getting better commands helps a lot too.
---
"Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" -Pinkie Pie
#7ventusvantis11Posted 11/10/2013 2:57:37 PM
@The_Brood13 I know what you mean when you say the game is hard. I played through it many times before with each character. But recently I did Terra's story on Critical Mode while keeping him at level 1 (equipping the zero experience ability at the start of the game). This was pretty difficult at first because this meant that Terra's strength, defense, and magic would stay the same through out the whole game. But after struggling with it for a bit I started to figure out how to just dominate enemies by timing the use of my spells, blocks, dodges and etc correctly. So basically what I'm trying to say is that for every enemy or boss, there is a rhythm that should should be followed. In other words, you don't really have to level up your character to defeat all of the bosses, you just need to have (a) the right commands (b) time each block, dodge, and healing spell correctly and (c) have the right abilities equipped. Don't focus on just muscling up your character, try also to be a better technician in this game. Lol go for brains not brawn
#8VeraxulousPosted 11/10/2013 4:39:25 PM
Enjoy Vanitas!
#9kkusagamiPosted 11/12/2013 12:31:06 AM(edited)
WayToTheVoid posted...
IMO Birth by Sleep is the easiest kh game. for everyboss you just needa have a set strategy and be consistent. i personally thought KH2 was only slightly easier, unless we're talking about FM. I played both games on critical mode. and KH2 FM was a lot harder than bbsFM, other than BBSFM's secret bosses.

Hear what he said,it's absolutely true.Even a level 1 playthrough is also the easiest among kh series.

Edit : forgot to add this ,to play as lv1 in KHBBS FM,well,i can say that the hardest one among kh series, it's alot harder than the kh2fm,because it's a pain endurance game,u would hit 1 hp damage per hit/swing/magic with super ultra long hp boss,and the AI of bosses has abit changes from the english version and becomes harder/smarter.
---
pokemon white 2 FC : 4728-5858-3608
#10kewldude475Posted 11/24/2013 11:34:51 PM
I honestly think this game is the easiest in the series.

1. Ventus and Aqua have essentially never ending invinciility frames during their dodges
2. After the first world, you can have a nearly unlimited supply of cure spells if you choose
3. Shotlocks are very powerful and grant invincibility frames
4. It's very easy to just block/counter
5. You're pretty much invincible (aside from secret bosses) around level 50.
---
http://i.imgur.com/415vgiZ.gif