This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rathian Thorn?

#1Suicidal_ManiakPosted 7/26/2009 7:44:59 PM

I went to carve faq and I have a 12 percent chance if I cut the tale. I have been farming them with hammer so its kinda hard for me to break wings or anything like that. I only need one and was wondering If tail running would be good for this I have blue guil knight armor already so that would help. Or should i just keep killing?

#2KeldonisPosted 7/26/2009 7:46:57 PM
Just keep hammering and capture.

I think you can carve them as well, could be wrong.

Either way, I always have used a hammer for los/ian...never had problems getting thorns.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#3Suicidal_Maniak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 7:48:28 PM

Shure your not talking about spikes cause I get those all the time too. I guess i'll do it I have a 1% chance of getting a hvnly scale too =)

#4KeldonisPosted 7/26/2009 7:55:18 PM
Nope thorns. I just made golden elise (sp?) from gold ian thorns that I accumulated while hammering.

As for heavenly scales, best chance would be GnS in the arena.

Or you just might get lucky, this game has a way of knowing when you need something, then intentionally F'ing you over.

---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#5Suicidal_Maniak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 8:02:59 PM

Ok just figured out that i'm not tail farming i think i'll have to go back to killing. Do you break the horns off when hammering?

#6KeldonisPosted 7/26/2009 8:06:41 PM
Horns?

If you mean the head, then yes. How the hell do you not break the head while hammering? lol

Also, switch off between killing/capturing. I'm still not 100% if you can carve thorns.

Now get to hunting!

;)
---
#7Suicidal_Maniak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 8:17:17 PM

whoops wings lol and I just captured and got a ruby lol I've killed many gold ians for those.

#8Suicidal_Maniak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 8:42:59 PM

I'm only getting spike+ I think i have to cut the tail in order to get it.

#9KeldonisPosted 7/26/2009 8:50:14 PM
Ohh you just need a normal thorn? For some reason I was thinking you needed a gold ian thorn, G rank.

If that's the case you're best bet would probably be pink ian, and no you don't have to cut the tail.

Capture or do tail runs. Your call.
---
#10Suicidal_Maniak(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2009 8:53:46 PM

K i'm gonna hammer and capture cause I can get it for breaking the head on pink.