This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

akantor chaos bow, or dragon bow chaos?

#1tripleleopardsPosted 4/9/2010 1:02:10 PM
just curious as to which one of these is superior.
i already have the akantor chaos bow, but i was thinking of farming lao to make the dragon bow chaos. it has more atk power and dragon element, but ACB has 40% affinity and a weapon slot.
also, i hate the way that akantor chaos bow looks :/, and DBC would just look a lot nicer with me custom bow set.
i'm using capacity up, btw. i almost always use it with my bow sets. i'm also getting good at using heroics with the bow.

---
no solace...so callous...
so seething...in this they feast!
#2FaustianLogixPosted 4/9/2010 1:11:25 PM
I haven't ever done any calculations with it, but AKB is rated as the better Rapid dragon bow. The Lao bow is better for Scatter. Although with Cap up it gets Rapid 4 IIRC, which could potentially be better but you'd need Focus to make it a worthwhile endeavor.
---
PSN - FelixxFaust | MHFU HR9 | Call me Faust, it's just easier.
Americans spend 12 years learning proper english, then butcher it online.
#3tripleleopards(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2010 1:12:11 PM
also, i'm mainly talking about the piercing capabilities of these bows. the weapon FAQ lists akantor chaos bow as being the strongest rapid dragon element bow at HR9, but doesn't have anything for pierce. so i'm assuming that dragon bow chaos has better piercing shots?
---
#4tripleleopards(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2010 1:13:50 PM
thanks, i posted that message before i read yours lol.
but yea, my bow set uses focus, capacity up, and elemental atk up. i'm thinking that as far as pierce goes, the dragon bow chaos might be better? i don't have time to do the calculations right now.
---
#5FaustianLogixPosted 4/9/2010 1:17:04 PM
Black Bow G IIRC has a great Pierce shot on it if you're looking for a pierce bow, and that's without Cap up.

As far as other dragon pierce bows, I'm not so sure. The FAQ lists the DCB as the best but that would mean piddly damage all over the place. So just get the Black Bow G if you can.
---
#6PyramidHead81Posted 4/9/2010 1:22:15 PM
Actually with Akantor Chaos Bow you have Scatter4, Pierce4 and with Capacity up, Rapid 4.
So you can just spam Rapid or Piercing..
Rajang X gunner set is great because you can have capacity up, focus, normal up, and trivial things like dragon resistance.
#7FaustianLogixPosted 4/9/2010 1:31:04 PM
Black Bow G has Pierce 5 on a Charge 3, making it much better at pierce than any other Dragon bow.

Spamming lower charges doesn't do nearly the damage you could be doing by just getting a bow better designed for it. I don't have time to post up an entire damage calc example, but:

Charge 3:
150% Raw
100% Elemental

Charge 2
100% Raw
75% Elemental

You'd have to be able to fire three times (on a similar shot type) to outdo a bow designed for whatever shot. If you stand both bows on level ground (no focus) then anyone reasonably skilled with a bow can fire off Charge 3 shots fast enough to make spamming Charge 2 irrelevant.
---
#8PyramidHead81Posted 4/9/2010 1:39:12 PM
Actually i meant "spamming lv 3 charge rapid4" and "if you need piercing, you have them"
Versatility, that's what Akantor Chaos bow is great at, IMHO
Consider i'm also a fan of Rapid Shots on every Elder Dragon's head.
#9tripleleopards(Topic Creator)Posted 4/9/2010 1:51:34 PM
thanks for the info you guys. i haven't really gotten around to making the "G weapons" since i've unlocked ukanlos, i've been more concerned with working out some custom armor sets. but i'll start working on that black bow G, i just need to make some more dark pieces.
---
#10epy0nkaruPosted 4/9/2010 2:25:45 PM
the thing about dragon bow chaos is that it does enough damage on the 4th charge that ACB would close to ALMOST do on the 3rd charge.

like i used to like the DBC with capacity up because it let me use any and all coatings, but when i started fighting elder dragons i really just wanted rapid 5 as fast as possible, and the AKB gets me to fire that rapid 5 shots JUST that much faster, but the DBC allows me to better position myself as i use the extra fraction of a second to aim (this is assuming i'm literally firing as soon as i get the charge)

the AKB gets me in trouble that way because i fire so often, and teo charges towards me when i'm stopped shooting at him.

basically i'd say use DBC with focus, and AKB with runner (or both? for both?)
---
Diamond FC: 4725 5036 1190; Soul Silver FC: 4383 4185 7456
PSN account: epy0nkaru