This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A Vita's Worth to Freedom

#1YD_MiscPosted 2/14/2012 10:35:23 PM
So I'm planning on to buy a Vita soon. However there aren't really any games that appeal to me where I'd see myself drowning hours of sweat, tears and efforts for (except for Gravity Rush/Daze) and the only game I'm seeing that I may be playing on the Vita atm would be Monster Hunter Freedom Unite especially now that there's a 2nd analog. Phantasy Star Portable 2 isn't compatible so that's out of my list to buy off PSN (was kinda looking forward to that), and I don't really wanna go in the hassle of re-formatting it just to change PSN profiles to play Portable 3rd as well.

tl;dr Should I buy it (the Vita) just for the sake of the comfort of the dual analog sticks to play MHFU or should I wait a year?
#2NykzaPosted 2/15/2012 12:59:03 AM
My opinion says "wait".

Personally, I wouldn't get it. But it's best to wait.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w2Ni4.jpg
#3Ecclesiastes273Posted 2/15/2012 2:49:03 AM
Nykza posted...
My opinion says "wait".

---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#4OmnipodPosted 2/23/2012 12:26:18 AM
I'm considering buying this for vita as well....... I hear this year they making a vita MH. Think it's better to wait?
---
Name: Omni
#5webbc99Posted 2/23/2012 2:41:26 AM
If they release a Vita MH, then I'll buy it straight away. I am very tempted by wipeout, but it's just too expensive. The console itself is a reasonable price, in my opinion, but it's the stupid memory cards that cost so much. Then, factor in that I'd probably just play MHFU on it anyway, which I can already play, it just seems like a big waste of money right now. They need a MH game, then I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
---
PSN: Toastie88 | XBL: Griever88 | Steam: webbc99
Playing: SW:TOR, MHP3 HD, Civ 5
#6OmnipodPosted 2/23/2012 7:03:19 AM
It's funny you say that. I read an article I found (because I was pissed there wasn't a MH at launch) that apparently someone who doesn't have their head up their ass realized that's what the Vita needed.

Vita isn't selling too well in Japan and basically everyone is saying that it NEEDED a MH at launch. Was a big mistake in my book.
---
#7nikowwfPosted 2/23/2012 7:31:57 AM
NIntendo paid for an exclusive window. Capcom wants both portable systems to have strong MH games. Since PSP already has MH3, people expecting Capcom to crap on Nintendo and announce a new MH for Vita already are nuts. It's not happening soon, and the problem is by later in the year if we get a MH3 redone, it's not coming to US this year because there is always a gap between the releases.

Buy this game. It's awesome and you;ll have months to play before a Vita MH is even announced much less released.
#8OmnipodPosted 2/25/2012 1:27:59 PM
wait I dont think I mentioned... I own the title on PSP already. I never got to the end of it but the stick and loading held me back.
---
#9MoparMan94_2Posted 2/25/2012 3:18:10 PM
Ecclesiastes273 posted...
Nykza posted...
My opinion says "wait".

---
Official Brother with Cool Stories of the Monster Hunter Boards
#10AlboreoPosted 2/25/2012 3:30:10 PM
I received my Vita in the mail on Tuesday.

IMO, the second joystick makes the camera considerably more comfortable to use.The games looks noticeably nicer on the Vita as well. I don't know that I would buy a Vita for just one game (I wouldn't recommend buying any console for just one game), but if you're wanting one anyway this should be another good reason to do so.