Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.
I know I have another post on this quest but I just need a bit more of advice.
1. I bought the maelstrom G lbg but I am not sure if it is the best water lbg with rf water s. And I think that absolute bow is a little too hard for me to get. Is there a lbg out there better than maelstrom that's not absolute bow and is great for this quest.
2. I just got the auto reload skill and it does not work on rapid fire. Since I got this skill I got def -20. Which skill do I need or are there any better skills better than auto reload.
Full Ceanataur Z Armor:
Are there any better gunner armors?
Reloading speed +2 (the armor already had this skill)
Pierce S/Pierce Bow Up
3. I need to know ALL the items YOU would take on this quest. If you think some items are terrible please tell me which to exchange with the better item.
potion 10 large barrel bomb +2 Crag S 3 9
mega potion 10 normal s 1 inf clust s 1 3
max potion 2 normal s 2 99 clust s 2 3
life powder 3 pierce s 2 60 clust s 3 3
power talon pierce s 3 60 water s 60
armor talon pellet s 3 60 freezes 60
well done steak 10 crag s 1 9 sleep s 1 12
cool drink 5 crag s 2 9 paint s 25
4. What bullets do I start off with first?
5. Any ways to stop the second gravios from interfering in the middle of battle with the first gravios?
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
How can you get a G weapon if you have trouble for this quest? You need this one for unlocking Uka -.- Unless you're talking about soloing this one.
1. King Lobster Gun G is more superior because it has 4 water shots in a clip instead of 3, while sharing the same reload rate, and has the capability of shooting both level 1 and 2 poison and sleep coatings (the other "poison" for killing Black Gravy)
2. Never use autoreload if you plan to do rapid fire as it's useless. Also, it's going to max recoil for the status shots. Use skills like EAU, bullet limit, attack up (elemental damage of bowguns equals to their attack power, so you can abuse this skill) and bomber (if you plan to use bombs) instead
3. I'm looking at my PSP while typing this post... So let's see... I'm gonna test things out... (stuck with Mealstorm G because I don't have materials for the Lobster LBG)
Guess I'll post my stuff after my test run lol
4. Start with poison first, sleep bomb, and water (the latter two can switch, but keep it poisoned).
5. No good way for that, but making the other one knowing you're there and exit the area might hold it a little longer. But if you're doing damage quick enough, by the time the second one comes, the first one is usually about to exit the current area. Make sure you assault the first one as fast as possible.
EDIT: about the clip size... I totally forgot I had capacity up...
In the middle of testing Mealstorm G without capacity up...
It's ultra stupid... It only holds 2 water S and 1 level 2 poison/sleep shot without... It's going to be a long battle -_-
Okay... result's in...
29:20 left. I feel I'm so dumb in terms of getting items for LBG (I'm a bowgun noob in terms of ammo management) XD
I'd say if you have all those water S, and level 1 pierce shots should do the job properly XD
It was so dumb to even consider those high recoil status shots because obviously I didn't need those (but might speed things up).
However, no stamina recovery item is definitely NOT recommend if you don't know Gravys inside out :O
BTW, I have taken photos for the process, but where's a good site for it? I don't feel like signing up for anything xP
Okay, the first bunch of pictures I'm talking about...
^ three images are found on the same page (just click second page and 3rd page for the other 2)
Although it was a quest clear, but please, please don't do this... this is utterly terrible X_X
It's only show it's possible even it's done terribly. Right now I'm going to proceed with the better one, with capacity up AND King Lobster Gun G
Okay, test run for Lobster bowgun is in... Man I suck...
Same armor set except different head (which is Barrage piercings)
Note how fast the FIRST one is down (I started with the northmost one again, I did wait for it to appear in the next area after the 2nd one showed up... again...). The time for the 2nd took much longer because I fainted... twice....
EDIT/PS: as you can see, having technical advantage doesn't necessary give you advantage in ACTUAL combat X_X
Here's a bonus...
I'm guess I'm done here U.U
Dude no way your awesome at this game!! Thank you for actually going through the trouble of making crappy weapons and beating it a bunch of times and taking pictures of them. But i am still pissed off that i almost beat the damn quest. Lets just say i beat the first gravios early and had a lot of time to spare with the last gravios and ran out of time anyways and he was limping. I blame it on pellet lv 3 s i will replace those with other bullets. Again i wanna thank you for your help. Thanks!
can you do it wit hbg? try lao hbg
MHFU/MHP3 vids -> youtube.com/user/jonjavier27
- kung noypi ka, dito ka -> http://s4.zetaboards.com/mhph/site/ & http://www.facebook.com/MHFUP -
I personally favor Lava Storm for those giant rocks.
My MHFU Weapon Tree and Ranker Compendium --> http://www.mediafire.com/?egt5rnrpwn2pqxx
Official Boonie of the MHFU board