This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

In multiplayer, how come me and a friend have different monsters on the screen?

#1The_Dark_HadouPosted 7/11/2012 7:57:35 PM
Like he'll be attacking nothing on my screen but on his screen, theres a monster and vice versa... is this how its suppose to be?
---
"Go home and be a family man!"
#2MoliviousPosted 7/11/2012 8:01:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3mazereonPosted 7/11/2012 8:01:59 PM
Smaller minion creatures are not position synced to save on bandwidth.
---
www.youtube.com/user/mazereon
BG Compendium: http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/991479-monster-hunter-portable-3rd/faqs/61634
#4The_Dark_Hadou(Topic Creator)Posted 7/12/2012 7:00:46 PM
lag really? but we're right next to each other.
---
"Go home and be a family man!"
#5MoliviousPosted 7/12/2012 7:14:53 PM
same as i with my brother. :/
didnt write that up for random.
---
Do not fear death - only the unlived life.
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise, Gungnir
#6t3hNubPosted 7/13/2012 1:09:57 AM
Guess Maze is just invisible.

Minor monster positions are not synced up. It's not "lag," they just aren't tracked like main monsters even under ideal conditions.

It's lag if a large monster is desyncing really badly, going into Taunt animation only to bust out an attack midway through a lot, or behaving erratically. And by "erratically," I mean "that Rathalos that was 1/3rd of the way through the flying World Tour attack suddenly came Charging through on foot after appearing about 5 feet offscreen, then materialized on the complete opposite side of the zone already halfway through a Fireball attack" erratic.

True story btw; happens sometimes while playing over Kai with players/hosts with internet connections even the early 1990's would've been ashamed to be seen with.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#7Furikuri_flclPosted 7/13/2012 1:13:29 AM
Magic. A wizard does it.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3782-8772-5411
#8AoENIACPosted 7/13/2012 1:58:08 AM
Their positions will not sync up but if you are both in the same area with the minions loaded when somebody kills one of the minions, then the equivalent minion on both screens will die.

So communication is important if you want minions dealt with because often times you will see each other stabbing at air while you are actually stabbing minions. If you want the minions dead, communicate that and both be in the area while killing them.
---
Is there something about the way I type that makes it sound angry? Maybe it's just something about the way you read.
#9co1onelPosted 7/13/2012 2:00:22 AM
t3hNub posted...
Guess Maze is just invisible.

Minor monster positions are not synced up. It's not "lag," they just aren't tracked like main monsters even under ideal conditions.

It's lag if a large monster is desyncing really badly, going into Taunt animation only to bust out an attack midway through a lot, or behaving erratically. And by "erratically," I mean "that Rathalos that was 1/3rd of the way through the flying World Tour attack suddenly came Charging through on foot after appearing about 5 feet offscreen, then materialized on the complete opposite side of the zone already halfway through a Fireball attack" erratic.

True story btw; happens sometimes while playing over Kai with players/hosts with internet connections even the early 1990's would've been ashamed to be seen with.

Took long enough.
#10DragonLord150Posted 7/13/2012 8:12:16 PM
mazereon posted...
Smaller minion creatures are not position synced to save on bandwidth.

I just love how you make in common tongue, Maze. ^^; My explanation goes into the technical and programming of it and can be summed up with what you said.

TO EVERYONE:
mazereon HAS IT RIGHT!
---
"Remember: a team of hunters is only as good as the guy you can kill three times." -mazereon