This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any G rank tips?

#1BlackPhoenix127Posted 9/21/2012 7:22:23 PM
So I killed off Felyne Akantor and now I want to go on to G rank but are there any general tips for going in to G Rank? I use DS, LS, and the Bow.

Any decent armor sets for going in to G rank? Also, does the offline guild hall scale down to one player like the village quests?
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#2InfernalLurkerPosted 9/21/2012 7:46:17 PM(edited)
To me, honestly first transitioning from elder to elder cat quests was much more harder than going from high rank to G rank. G rank is more of the same, but since you will acquire stronger weapons, it doesn't seem like a huge jump at all in difference or difficulty.

I guess my biggest tip would be to pick up and learn LBG and HBG as it makes certain G rank fights really easy.

You should already have Cean S armor. Use that until you can upgrade to Cean Z. Obviously there are more armor sets and mixes, but that should be your basic go-to armor. I can't make any recommendations for Bow armor.

And no, offline guild hall is exactly the same as online guild hall. 1 player or 4 players, makes no difference. It is the same difficulty. Which is to say 4 competent players makes it pathetically easy. Hell even 2 players makes it absurdly easy.
---
Leveling up jobs is a means to an end. It isn't content.
#3BlackPhoenix127(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 7:56:22 PM
Ah I see. And yeah, I've been using Ceantuar S since I hit HR. That sucks since I don't get to fight G Ceantuar until the next quest set. That means going against G Rank Narga solo. >.<
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#4YamaguxhiPosted 9/21/2012 10:52:46 PM
Actually the jump to g rank from high should not be taken lightly. The monsters get new moves and what not. But if your decent at the game it shouldn't be much of a problem. Also if you can make narga armor I would recommend that because of the evade increase it gives. It's good general purpose armor to use while you figure out what you want. Happy hunting
---
No more Tom foolerey
#5messiah_of_evilPosted 9/22/2012 11:00:06 AM
IIRC
Narga X + Rathalos X Chest with one weapon slot you can get S+1,EV+2, EV Distance up and trap master.
that set got me all the way through g rank.
---
Currently Playing: MHP3, MHFU, Neptunia mk-2, FFVII
#6KingThingPosted 9/22/2012 11:03:47 AM
-Nargacuga gets very deadly in G rank if you don't know how to evade him due to one hit KO.
-Kirin becomes extremely super annoying.
-Rajang somehow gets slightly tougher than before.
-You'll face 2 new monsters- Lavasioth (Volganos) and Yama Tsukami.
-Purple Daimyo subspecies behaves slightly different but if you know crabs, won't be too much of a problem.
-Copper/Brown Blagonga to me is actually easier than the regular Blagongas.
-If you completed One Horned Demon King, then the rest of the Diablos in G rank should be nothing to you.
-Ukanlos to me is actually harder and irritating compared to Akantor. Must be the frozen balls and the digging.

Everything else should pose no problems if you are an ok player. As said earlier, they are usually the same, just scaled appropriately for your gear.
---
Calling someone a kid on a message board = Lack of wit
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/2605/oilup.jpg
#7MorgalagaPosted 9/22/2012 2:32:55 PM
Mostly just need to be wary of fighting the new monsters and species in G.

The other quests will feel like High Rank quests, at least after you get your equipment set up (basically what someone else already said.)
---
EX-TERM-INATE EX-TERM-INATE EX-TERM-INATE
#8SasquatchimoPosted 9/22/2012 8:10:39 PM(edited)
Here's my tip. Do not, I repeat, do not waste your precious time even attempting to get White Fatalis Z armor. Only bother to get it if you are bored and have nothing else to do in the game. As in, if it weren't for you trying to get the armor, you wouldn't be playing the game at all.

I mean the game makes you jump through a whole bunch of hoops to unlock the monster, the fight itself is hands down the most boring, crappiest, boring, useless, boring fight in the game and did I mention it was boring? And what do you get out of it? Something that has the highest defense (no, no Stellar Hunter really isn't worth mentioning)? Really? And defense in this game is useless, so... the armor is completely useless other than showing off that you are a Kaze noob. Thanks Capcom. You ****ers.

There is a reason MH is on its last leg outside of Japan. You ****ers.
---
I am dumbfounded at how many people still don't know how to use google or the internet.
#9Ecclesiastes273Posted 9/22/2012 10:08:05 PM
Chill the **** out, bro, you're even saltier than I am.
---
Official Vet of the MHFU Message Board.
Official ETERNAL DESTROYER of the super mega ultimate DRAGON DESTROYERS(tm).
#10MoliviousPosted 9/22/2012 10:41:30 PM
salted eggs mm~
---
"You could easily teach yourself if you observe the world closely." - Elise