This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Needing advice on LS and armor to battle Tigrex in.

#1Treiss_PanzerPosted 12/2/2012 11:32:01 AM
Well, I am back. No one probably remembers me, though.

I am looking for a good lightning LS and armor set for fighting Urgent Tigrex. I watched a video in which it made it look easy.

I currently own the Eager Cleaver, and YKK armor. Basic YKK armor.

Any advice is appreciated, but..

Is it possible to get Great Thunderbug and Kirin parts, using the Monster Hall, this early in the game?
Is there anything specific that I want in armor for Tigrex? I'm sorta careless in my attacks, so that might help.

Thanks.
---
Soon, trademarked by blizzard, refers to the actual plane of infinite spacetime surrounding a blackhole. Meaning we will never see the light! -Mocking Crow
#2NykzaPosted 12/2/2012 12:13:13 PM(edited)
Eager cleaver is fine. If you want get garuga (mask instead of helm) and gem for high earplugs and whatever you want. Tiggy is one of the easiest fights in the game once you stop being scared. He takes so much damage, I pity him.

You might be able to find thunderbug juice somehow through trading with the veggie elders but I'm really really sure you can't find any Kirin parts pre-Tiggy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w2Ni4.jpg
#3Treiss_Panzer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 1:22:24 PM(edited)
Thanks!

Oh and Yian Garuga is an absolute pushover :( was kinda saddened. Thanks, though, got enough parts for one piece already.

edit: meant to say, i already have Garuga Tasset. will work on the full set.
#4714kaosPosted 12/2/2012 5:56:22 PM
i was stuck on tigrex until last night too using LS, even though i had monoblos sythe lmao. but i ended up making full garuga/ceantar gloves i think? for sharp+1/reckless abandon and less -ice resistance. then i just brought 3 shock traps and 3 flash bombs and ripped him apart first try. garuga is totally worth it.
#5NykzaPosted 12/2/2012 6:00:32 PM
Traps and flash bombs made the difference there, if someone fails to win with those they should start questioning their mentality. Not even joking.
Those things are just so broken, they take out the only thing this game has to offer.
---
#6pingomalikPosted 12/2/2012 6:10:34 PM
Nykza posted...
Traps and flash bombs made the difference there, if someone fails to win with those they should start questioning their mentality. Not even joking.
Those things are just so broken, they take out the only thing this game has to offer.

Flashing some monsters doesn't help. In my opinion at least.

For example: Flashing a rajang well trying to hammer
Trying to GS a flashed Narga
Ect.

For the most part though flash bombs can help.
---
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---
#7NykzaPosted 12/2/2012 6:43:01 PM
I said "made the difference there", meaning Tigrex.

And hammering a flashed Jang is still easy, you just simply can't use the same strategy as you normally would. Same with Narga.
---
#8Treiss_Panzer(Topic Creator)Posted 12/4/2012 9:24:34 AM
cool advice, thanks. i took him down to half health last night with ease..except i brought thunderbugs and not flashbugs :3 silly me.
---
Soon, trademarked by blizzard, refers to the actual plane of infinite spacetime surrounding a blackhole. Meaning we will never see the light! -Mocking Crow
#9Dissidia12Posted 12/5/2012 7:11:01 PM
Really I used Basarios full armor to kill the Tigrex. I was happy to kill him the first time. I also used the Basarios hammer.
#10TME_GuyPosted 12/6/2012 3:53:18 AM
^which is bad, damage output wise
---
"NOMOBUYO, OSHI, HASHITAWA, DOGEDA, GUNMICHA, DE, RIBURA!"