This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

sooo good

#1Chig77Posted 2/1/2013 12:24:04 PM
still slow going but seriously this game is so damn good... Cant believe i overlooked this and yes i know i stated this in another thread...

Some questions...

my base stam/health is 100/100 .... Does that increase as you complete more quests and raise hunter rank? Like old school rpgs?

I know you can build a farm to help gather materials but is it a necessity to succeed in this game?

So far im doing LV * tier Quests from Pokke Elder to farm materials to craft armor an weapons... Decided to do a LV* Guild quest, second quest was to kill 15 Blangos... They drop a claw i needed to craft some head gear... i had 14/15 killed and i was on my last 5 minutes of my lunch break at work... With 2 minutes to go on my break i nabbed the last one amd finished the quest. Crafted my helmet and was excited as all hel... Then realized i had to go back to work.... Weak.

Now i cant wait to get off work and go crank out some more kills....

I am HOOKED!!!!! O_o
---
---
In the heat of the moment it's forgiveable to go Wiffle Ball Bat to FACE!
#2pingomalikPosted 2/1/2013 12:31:02 PM
Chig77 posted...
still slow going but seriously this game is so damn good... Cant believe i overlooked this and yes i know i stated this in another thread...

Some questions...

my base stam/health is 100/100 .... Does that increase as you complete more quests and raise hunter rank? Like old school rpgs?

I know you can build a farm to help gather materials but is it a necessity to succeed in this game?

So far I'm doing LV * tier Quests from Pokke Elder to farm materials to craft armor an weapons... Decided to do a LV* Guild quest, second quest was to kill 15 Blangos... They drop a claw i needed to craft some head gear... i had 14/15 killed and i was on my last 5 minutes of my lunch break at work... With 2 minutes to go on my break i nabbed the last one and finished the quest. Crafted my helmet and was excited as all hell... Then realized i had to go back to work.... Weak.

Now i cant wait to get off work and go crank out some more kills....

I am HOOKED!!!!! O_o
---

No your base health and stamina do not change, how ever there are things that you can do to boost them, such as using max potions (gives you the max possible hp), ancient potions (gives you the max possible hp and stamina), Nutrients, and mega nutrients (boost hp slightly)
---
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---
#3NykzaPosted 2/1/2013 12:33:08 PM(edited)
^Just to add, the increase is only for one quest.

Farming power seeds is good money for the start of the game. And middle too, I guess.
---
http://i.imgur.com/w2Ni4.jpg
#4Ecclesiastes273Posted 2/1/2013 12:32:51 PM
This topic is a good summary of why I'm not sad my PSP died sometime before landing a job. Handheld gaming, particularly MH, is too easy to drop time into.

Damn good fun, though.
---
Seven. Point. Five.
#5Chig77(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 1:19:57 PM
I am actually trying to track down a MH PS2 title to check it out. Hardest thing for me has been breaking the button mashing habbit... 35 yrs old and im tellin ya thats a hard habit to crack lol this is def a rpg fans dream...

Wonder why this never hit ps3.... nintendo get licensing?
---
---
In the heat of the moment it's forgiveable to go Wiffle Ball Bat to FACE!
#6Biscuit__Posted 2/2/2013 5:25:16 AM
I wouldn't bother with MH1. The majority of the content is inaccessible now due to the online being shut down. The game also feels very dated, despite still being incredibly similar to MHFU. If you do find it and it's cheap it's worth picking up I guess, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. MHG and MH2 were only released in Japan so you'll struggle to find them.

If you want to experience "first-gen" MH, try and find Monster Hunter Freedom on PSP. It's very similar to MHG (Japanese re-release of MH1) and can still provide a good experience today. It may feel a little wooden compared to Freedom Unite though. Don't bother with Freedom 2 at all, Freedom Unite has the exact same content plus more.

As for a PS3 version, MH3 was originally planned for release on it, but Capcom switched to the Wii as it's cheaper, easier and faster to develop games for. MH3 is great if you have a Wii, but MH3U is coming out soon on Wii U, which will be the same plus more. I don't think Nintendo have any exclusivity deals with Capcom though.
---
:V
#7pingomalikPosted 2/2/2013 10:20:34 AM
Chig77 posted...
I am actually trying to track down a MH PS2 title to check it out. Hardest thing for me has been breaking the button mashing habbit... 35 yrs old and im tellin ya thats a hard habit to crack lol this is def a rpg fans dream...

Wonder why this never hit ps3.... nintendo get licensing?
---

There is a mh on ps3, MHP3rd HD ver. It's only in japanese but you can play it on any type of ps3, I imported from here :http://www.play-asia.com/Monster_Hunter_Portable_3rd_HD_Ver./paOS-13-71-bp-49-en-70-49em.html
lolwut $80, I got it for $60, must have been a sale.
---
(V) (;,,;) (V)
---
#8awesomesauce13Posted 2/2/2013 9:44:20 PM
Once you get further in the game and have lots of Felyne Chefs (you should have one already, I think) you can eat at your kitchen before every quest to get various boosts depending on what type of food you eat, such as health and stamina increases. It's not really worth eating anything there in the beginning of the game though, with only one or two chefs the boosts aren't common and suck anyway