Unlocking races without installing the other DOW games...

#1lerudadPosted 3/5/2008 3:55:50 AM
OK

For Dark Crusade a little program was released that allows you to unlock ALL races for online play providing you had valid CD keys for the previous two DOW games. This meant that you had to own the previous games BUT you did not have to install them to enable their races for online play in DC, which was a blessing.

Is there, or will there be a program like this release for Soulstorm?

I really don't want to install the other THREE! games......

A) Takes too long

B) Pointless... I aint gonna play WA again, terrible campaign.

C) I may have a 500GB Hard drive but that does not take away the punch to the balls at installing 3 hefty games that you won't play....

Thanks guys!

---
An open mind is like a fortress, with its gates unbarred and unguarded...
#2daggerknightPosted 3/5/2008 4:09:51 AM

Agreed....adding to that issue, my Winter Assault cd simply wont work anymore, so even if I wanted to install it, I cant, which means I cant use the IG at all online even though I should be able to!

#3daggerknightPosted 3/5/2008 4:10:29 AM

ANyhow, if anyone does know of this thing, it would be much appreciated.

#4ShintuhadokenPosted 3/5/2008 4:19:57 AM
From what i remember you were given a chance to enter the CD key for each of the other games once you started Dark crusade for the first time (and the program just let you access that option at any time) so i would keep your CD keys to hand as you are installing the new one ready for when it asks you.
---
There is no Right and no Wrong, There is no Light and no Dark there is only the bringer of destruction, SHIN!
#5lerudad(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2008 7:58:32 AM
Now here's the thing....

I don't ever remember DC asking me for the CD of the others.... maybe it only asks you if it detects they're installed?
---
#6UKHackerPosted 3/5/2008 8:11:03 AM

lerudad posted...
Now here's the thing....

I don't ever remember DC asking me for the CD of the others.... maybe it only asks you if it detects they're installed?

Your correct in saying it will only ask you if it detects the games.

#7lerudad(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2008 8:21:45 AM
That is absoloute BALLS! WTF do I have to install the other games... so ******* lame!

---
#8UKHackerPosted 3/5/2008 9:58:20 AM

lerudad posted...
For Dark Crusade a little program was released that allows you to unlock ALL races for online play providing you had valid CD keys for the previous two DOW games. This meant that you had to own the previous games BUT you did not have to install them to enable their races for online play in DC, which was a blessing.

Out of curiosity where can one find this program?

#9RemyLebeau_88Posted 3/5/2008 11:49:13 AM
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=141738
#10UKHackerPosted 3/6/2008 3:30:57 AM

RemyLebeau_88 posted...
http://forums.relicnews.com/showthread.php?t=141738

Thanks!