How long is the single player campaign?

#1PhaseknoxPosted 11/19/2012 6:40:12 PM(edited)
How long is the single player campaign, because that's all that I'm interested in. I'm not interested in the contracts mode. Some reviews say 10 hours, some say 20 and some say 30. So which is it? I need to know before I spend $60 on it, because I don't spend that much on short games and anything less than 20 hours is somewhat short to me. So I want to get at least 20+ hours out of it. I plan on playing it on hard because I heard that normal is easy, so about how long should it take me? Thanks.
#2craiguk37Posted 11/19/2012 6:37:14 PM
Depends how you play.
---
Currently Playing -
Lots of games GT - CraigUK37
#3bluehat94Posted 11/19/2012 6:38:06 PM
Depending on your playstyle, between 12 and 30 hours.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#4Phaseknox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:52:35 PM(edited)
What do you mean by my playstyle? It's a stealth game, so isn't stealth really the only playstyle? It's not an action game or a shooter, so I assume that you can't just rush through guns blazing. Is it even possible to rush through this game, because I thought that if you tried to play it like an action game or shooter that you would get your ass handed to you.
#5craiguk37Posted 11/19/2012 6:51:23 PM
you can play action, and sometimes it helps if you are only going for speed. the downsides are getting mowed down the second you come out of cover and you cant finish stages while enemies are alerted. A couple of times when I have failed to do something I was trying out I go on a killing ramage and on certain stages with certain weapons I can see how it could be done.

Shotguns in corridors for example.
---
Currently Playing -
Lots of games GT - CraigUK37
#6bluehat94Posted 11/19/2012 6:53:57 PM(edited)
It's all based on player choice, you can do a run and gun playthrough, an all stealth playthrough where you only kill targets, a killing stealth playthrough, or any other way you can think of all the while using the many, many ways IO gives you to get around the level, and the many ways they give you to kill your target. Obviously some ways will be quicker than others.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#7wwinterj25Posted 11/19/2012 6:55:39 PM
What they mean is how you take out your target. For example you could just shoot the guy in the head or you could make the death look like a accident or you could use the fibre wire after following them around a bit . There is more than one way to kill a target. You can go in guns blazing but this isn't the quickest route most the time.
---
One who knows nothing can understand nothing - GamerTag: wwinterj/PSN wwinterj
#8Phaseknox(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 7:08:21 PM
I know that there are different ways to kill the targets, but unlike previous Hitman games this one isn't completely about taking out targets. A good part of the game is sneaking through levels undetected similar to Splinter Cell. Not every level is a big sandbox like Blood Money was, so I figured that you had to play stealth through a lot of the game especially on the higher settings.
#9milkshakes793Posted 11/19/2012 8:40:56 PM
how many missions
#10crumbtinyPosted 11/19/2012 9:05:08 PM
No idea how many missions, but Arthur Gies of Polygon figured someone could ostensibly finish it in 8 hours or so.

He said he preferred to take his take, explore his environments and be a little more methodical. Says he clocked in at over the 20 hour mark.