I'm really disappointed with this game.

#1ApolloCreedPosted 11/22/2012 1:15:54 AM(edited)
First of all, I wanna start by saying that I was anticipating the release of this game like some anticipate the birth of a child. I'm a HUGE Hitman fan. I played Silent Assassin, Contracts and Blood Money because they allowed you to plan out your hits, almost like a strategy game. In fact, that's kinda what they were... strategy games.

This is NOT the Hitman I once enjoyed the **** out of. The best level in this one is the damn tutorial stage and maybe the Chinatown stage. I don't even know what the rest of this game is supposed to be, but it certainly isn't the Hitman I remember. It's like, linear action levels with the option to sneak instead of shoot... ...I'm absolutely shocked at how disappointing this game is to fans of the previous titles.

This is NOTHING like the game I was expecting, and it pisses me off that this is what fans of the game got after waiting so long.

Yes... it's safe to say that I'm pissed off. I feel like they really sold out on a great franchise. I'm such a huge fan of Hitman... I was sooo looking forward to this game, and today I've actually lost a lot of faith in the video game industry. I'm actually kinda sad.

Now granted, I really was expecting Blood Money 2.0, but this one feels very commercial, and nothing like the strategy heavy Hitman titles of the past.

I really wanted to like this game, and for the first two levels, I actually felt entertained... the game starts off with a lot of promise actually. But then the rest of it is totally different, like all of a sudden the programmers got hijacked and the crew from Dead to Rights took over and programmed the rest of it.

I actually wish I could return the game for a refund, but I bought it new because I figured there's no way that they would mess up Hitman... ... ... ...

---
"This game is like picking your ASS and then picking your nose!"
#2TheDawnRiderPosted 11/22/2012 1:02:39 AM
There are still missions where you can plan out how to kill your targets and use different methods. It's not like Blood Money but still, they are in the game.
#3BobbyCreekPosted 11/22/2012 1:13:23 AM
I agree 100%
#4thatguy136Posted 11/22/2012 2:39:44 AM
This game makes me want to play Blood Money or Contracts again.
#5TheGSKPosted 11/22/2012 2:51:50 AM
I so agree i mean now youre suspisious if you steal a cops uniform while walking around with cops , you cant BLEND in like all the other hitmans and it really ruins the gameplay imo. the instinct system is dumb as hell. the whole alert thing is the exact opposite of every other hitman. i wish they could reverse it back. hitman was not meant to be played like kane and freakin lynch. nuff said.
#6Psycho_PoodlePosted 11/22/2012 3:02:42 AM
this game is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series
---
You are about to die. Scream if you must. I will enjoy gutting you.
#7AconquererPosted 11/22/2012 3:04:58 AM
Psycho_Poodle posted...
this game is the Devil May Cry 2 of the series

Ow. Been reading reviews all day, but if someone even slightly is inclined to say that; well no thank you
---
"Thinkin' you bringing that mentality into my galaxy is a fallacy for anyone that battle me."
GT: WARMoses
#8MantisoPosted 11/22/2012 6:03:26 AM
I can't wait for the HD collection right now. It's been years since I've played them. To have all those classic missions together in one bundle, with the added bonus of HD. *drools*
---
I'm not gonna cry about my Pa. I'm gonna build an airport. Put my name on it - Worlds First Analrapist
PSN ID: SolidKev
#9DaggerbornPosted 11/22/2012 7:47:47 AM
So go play those games again and quit your whining.
---
"A very small man can cast a very large shadow"
#10glassghost0Posted 11/22/2012 7:54:33 AM
Loved Blood Money, probably in my top 5 360 games

Loving this game, the changes are for the better and make the game more realistic. Everything from the past Hitman is still in the game. You can still take people out in multiple ways.

The disguise system makes way more sense and makes the game more difficult. If you dress like a cop, pretty sure cops are going to be suspicious of some completely new guy
---
Signature OFF
More topics from this board...
Info is Power Achlegionisvegas47/28 10:51PM