This game is like...

#21wwervinPosted 11/22/2012 10:13:18 PM
SSJ_Jin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
wwervin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
This game is like,

"Hey, I'm Hitman: Absolution. You can play me so many different ways, but there is only right way to play me, and if you want to be rewarded, you must go through a frustrating trial-and-error process to find the 'best' way to play me."

"So I hope you like the artificial freedom I give you while I force you to play me a certain way. And have fun being spotted by everyone in your disguises."

Agree / Disagree?

The trial and error isn't what's wrong with the game. I think there are several things they did with it which kind of rubbed most fans the wrong way. For one, they added a useless disguise/instinct system.

Then as you said, it seems like they like to reward you for playing it a certain way. Anytime I like to get bloody and create chaos, or go full rambo on everyone, it will completely annihilate my score. This game tends to drive you towards playing it the stealthy way, and only the stealthy way. So why put in knives in the game? Why put in a sniper rifle in King of Chinatown if it's so wrong to just blow the "king's" head off? I feel like I'm often being penalized for actually exploring the game. To me that doesn't sound like freedom at all.

This exactly.

Is stupid. It's like saying, "hey instead of scoring a touchdown, I want my kicker to get practice so I'll let him kick a field goal. But man, wtf, you only reward me with 3 points, that's not fair."

It's a gotdamn Hitman game. You ALWAYS were rewarded for sneaky stuff. He's a hitman. A hitman. Think about it.

It's not just "sneaky stuff" it's anything that isn't clean basically. So shooting guards or stabbing them or even breaking their necks seems like it's frowned upon by the game. It's like they offer these choices to you and judge you when you use them.. idk how else to describe it but the whole aspect of this game isn't just about being sneaky, it's also about playing it in your own way, and it doesn't feel rewarding with this game to stray from the Splinter Cell style crouching around.
#22E_S_M_ZPosted 11/22/2012 10:16:50 PM(edited)
Hedorian posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
wwervin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
This game is like,

"Hey, I'm Hitman: Absolution. You can play me so many different ways, but there is only right way to play me, and if you want to be rewarded, you must go through a frustrating trial-and-error process to find the 'best' way to play me."

"So I hope you like the artificial freedom I give you while I force you to play me a certain way. And have fun being spotted by everyone in your disguises."

Agree / Disagree?

The trial and error isn't what's wrong with the game. I think there are several things they did with it which kind of rubbed most fans the wrong way. For one, they added a useless disguise/instinct system.

Then as you said, it seems like they like to reward you for playing it a certain way. Anytime I like to get bloody and create chaos, or go full rambo on everyone, it will completely annihilate my score. This game tends to drive you towards playing it the stealthy way, and only the stealthy way. So why put in knives in the game? Why put in a sniper rifle in King of Chinatown if it's so wrong to just blow the "king's" head off? I feel like I'm often being penalized for actually exploring the game. To me that doesn't sound like freedom at all.

This exactly.

Is stupid. It's like saying, "hey instead of scoring a touchdown, I want my kicker to get practice so I'll let him kick a field goal. But man, wtf, you only reward me with 3 points, that's not fair."

It's a gotdamn Hitman game. You ALWAYS were rewarded for sneaky stuff. He's a hitman. A hitman. Think about it.

But peoples argument on this is that "true assassins" don't kill anyone but their target. 47 is not a true assassin, and considering this series was always about the player and not the developers way of playing I think its absolute ******** that they crippled the best thing about the series by putting up the stupid score, gutting disguises, making it linear like a Splinter Cell game, and taking all fun out of the Hitman games! Screw IO interactive.

I think you've gotten so spiteful you're mixing up your arguments here. The disguise system is similar to Hitman 2, and so are the levels in that they're broken down into chunks and have non-assassination objectives (although there's still a ton of ways to do things, but let's set that aside for now, since you won't believe me even if I break it down for you).
And it was Blood Money that literally punished you for "doing wrong" with the notoriety system, but now Absolution is bad for it? C'mon.
---
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
#23SSJ_JinPosted 11/22/2012 10:14:38 PM
Hedorian posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
wwervin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
This game is like,

Agree / Disagree?

This exactly.

But peoples argument on this is that "true assassins" don't kill anyone but their target. 47 is not a true assassin, and considering this series was always about the player and not the developers way of playing I think its absolute ******** that they crippled the best thing about the series by putting up the stupid score, gutting disguises, making it linear like a Splinter Cell game, and taking all fun out of the Hitman games! Screw IO interactive.

What are you talking about? 47 is a hitman. His record spoke for itself, it wasn't until Blood Money that people finally were revealing who he was. And again, you're crying about getting a higher score for being more stealthy than Rambo? That's just a very poor reason to hate the game considering it makes perfect sense. Look at the football example again.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#24wwervinPosted 11/22/2012 10:17:04 PM
E_S_M_Z posted...

And it was Blood Money that literally punished you for "doing wrong" with the notoriety system, but now Absolution is bad for it? C'mon.

Actually the notoriety could be dealt with by taking out witnesses and grabbing any evidence. You could still play it any way you wanted. With this game it feels like it's narrower when it comes to choice.
#25SSJ_JinPosted 11/22/2012 10:17:22 PM
wwervin posted...
SSJ_Jin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
wwervin posted...
CharityDiary posted...
This game is like,

Agree / Disagree?

This exactly.

It's not just "sneaky stuff" it's anything that isn't clean basically. So shooting guards or stabbing them or even breaking their necks seems like it's frowned upon by the game. It's like they offer these choices to you and judge you when you use them.. idk how else to describe it but the whole aspect of this game isn't just about being sneaky, it's also about playing it in your own way, and it doesn't feel rewarding with this game to stray from the Splinter Cell style crouching around.

Dude your argument is just dumb, I'm sorry. How fair is it for someone to play through a level and kill only the target and gets a score that is equal to someone who just ran in there with a machine gun and sprayed everyone? Just stop.

Either play for your leaderboards or play for fun with the Rambo style. Deal with it.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#26HedorianPosted 11/22/2012 10:17:34 PM
E_S_M_Z posted...

I think you've gotten so spiteful you're mixing up your arguments here. The disguise system is similar to Hitman 2, and so are the "linear" levels (although there's still a ton of ways to do things, but let's set that aside for now, since you won't believe me even if I break it down for you).

Sounds like YOU thats mixing up your arguments bud. I was referring to the stupid score ALWAYS being there. I don't need to or want to see it. Just let me play the ******* game!
---
Gamefaqs: Where gamers are hostile towards each other
Currently playing: Psi Ops (PS2), Sleeping Dogs (Xbox 360)
#27E_S_M_ZPosted 11/22/2012 10:19:11 PM
Hedorian posted...
E_S_M_Z posted...

I think you've gotten so spiteful you're mixing up your arguments here. The disguise system is similar to Hitman 2, and so are the "linear" levels (although there's still a ton of ways to do things, but let's set that aside for now, since you won't believe me even if I break it down for you).

Sounds like YOU thats mixing up your arguments bud. I was referring to the stupid score ALWAYS being there. I don't need to or want to see it. Just let me play the ******* game!

A score counter doesn't stop you from playing the game any more than a title and a notoriety does.
---
#28E_S_M_ZPosted 11/22/2012 10:24:05 PM
wwervin posted...
E_S_M_Z posted...

Actually the notoriety could be dealt with by taking out witnesses and grabbing any evidence. You could still play it any way you wanted. With this game it feels like it's narrower when it comes to choice.

And in this game there's no notoriety at all, and you can play any way you want. Only difference is that BM literally, physically, tangibly punished you for it, whereas Absolution "punishes" you for it with a title, same as every other Hitman game. Also, cleaning up after a botched hit is a pretty friggin complicated affair. It was easier to simply buy your notoriety off.
---
#29DaggerbornPosted 11/22/2012 11:30:19 PM
Disagree, not only have I found multiple ways to get through each section, but I've done it with very little trial and error. I think it can be theorized that you just don't get the mechanics of the game you're playing.
---
"A very small man can cast a very large shadow"
#30Mike 716Posted 11/22/2012 11:30:25 PM
What games don't give you more points for doing better, like more headshots or a new record in a time trial? I guess games have been broken as far back as Pac-Man, that has a score counter and you're unable to reach infinity so it sucks and is unplayable. Jesus, you're not obligated to get a perfect score, and when it doesn't reward or punish or change a damn thing, who cares? Where is the limiting of options? You can still play the level however you want.

Why you'd play a Hitman title to run and gun Rambo style is beyond me, but the option is there. Of course a stealth game about a silent assassin is going to reward you for, ya know, stealth. But the bottom line here is this has been in every previous installment, so why are you all acting like this is brand new? Yes, this is what the series has always been about. There's a few ways of killing your target provided to you, you replay until you find the best one and perfect your score. Or go in guns blazing. Or don't play the damn game since a score bothers you that much. Yeah, please, just do that.