is there any point in using silenced weapons?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. is there any point in using silenced weapons?

User Info: borrrn

borrrn
4 years ago#1
tried both levels of streets of hope, any kill with the silenced silverballers is complete bollocks, being in a closed off room but the kill still attracts attention and gets the guards in nearby rooms/floors alert. Same goes for punching someone out or killing them with a knife throw in all previous levels. Yet somehow a knockout after a fake surrender is always silent. What gives? anyone else experiencing these issues?

playing on normal by the way so I guess it must be more sensitive on higher difficulties
goin' with the flow

User Info: Krauser86

Krauser86
4 years ago#2
No.

People are picking up my silenced shots when I kill a lone guy from two rooms away. Eidos acknowledged the disguise detection is ... off, but honestly, I think the entire detection system is off.
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
4 years ago#3
You can hear a gunshot from 2 rooms away just fine.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: Krauser86

Krauser86
4 years ago#4
youshallbeasgod posted...
You can hear a gunshot from 2 rooms away just fine.

But this is a game.

What does it expect? Me to stand 500m away and shoot the guy?

Splinter Cell. The previous Hitman games. Metal Gear. All use the 'no one can hear a silenced gunshot from 2 rooms away tactic'... do you seriously think the games are trying to shoot for realism when making Silenced weapons mechanics?

That's like saying: 'How does someone see through 47's disguise when he has his back to them, and is a distance away?'. The game is obviously not going for realism.
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
4 years ago#5
I know... But this will probably be fixed in the first patch.
Relax, it's just a game.

User Info: E_S_M_Z

E_S_M_Z
4 years ago#6
Yes, I've triggered explosions and car alarms from a distance without anyone noticing. If you pop someone in the head, though, people are bound to notice unless the victim is alone. Silenced shots also localize the alert - everyone in the room might hear you, but with an unsilenced bullet, everyone in the compound would have.
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come

User Info: Lunacy182

Lunacy182
4 years ago#7
Really? I use the silencer all the time with no one noticing.
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz

User Info: TheDawnRider

TheDawnRider
4 years ago#8
Lunacy182 posted...

This. I always use them and they seem to do their job for the most part. Which is good, because that's the whole point of having silencers: so the gunshot is almost silent.

User Info: borrrn

borrrn
4 years ago#9
TheDawnRider posted...
Lunacy182 posted...

This. I always use them and they seem to do their job for the most part. Which is good, because that's the whole point of having silencers: so the gunshot is almost silent.

played a bit more and it's completely random for me. I'm up to fight night but more often than not even when I'm alone in the room with the victim a headshot/lethal knife throw/kill with melee weapon attracts attention from characters from nearby rooms and... floors. After that it's a matter of seconds before I have a npc (or sometimes even a few) in the room, it's completely absurd.

But since you guys don't have this issue and some others are I wonder what may be the cause :/
goin' with the flow

User Info: KaneOfShadows

KaneOfShadows
4 years ago#10
I haven't had this issue. If you miss a shot that usually attracts guards though.
  1. Boards
  2. Hitman: Absolution
  3. is there any point in using silenced weapons?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived