is there any point in using silenced weapons?

#1borrrnPosted 11/23/2012 8:37:50 AM
tried both levels of streets of hope, any kill with the silenced silverballers is complete bollocks, being in a closed off room but the kill still attracts attention and gets the guards in nearby rooms/floors alert. Same goes for punching someone out or killing them with a knife throw in all previous levels. Yet somehow a knockout after a fake surrender is always silent. What gives? anyone else experiencing these issues?

playing on normal by the way so I guess it must be more sensitive on higher difficulties
---
goin' with the flow
#2Krauser86Posted 11/23/2012 8:48:15 AM
No.

People are picking up my silenced shots when I kill a lone guy from two rooms away. Eidos acknowledged the disguise detection is ... off, but honestly, I think the entire detection system is off.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#3youshallbeasgodPosted 11/23/2012 8:51:28 AM
You can hear a gunshot from 2 rooms away just fine.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#4Krauser86Posted 11/23/2012 8:57:17 AM(edited)
youshallbeasgod posted...
You can hear a gunshot from 2 rooms away just fine.

But this is a game.

What does it expect? Me to stand 500m away and shoot the guy?

Splinter Cell. The previous Hitman games. Metal Gear. All use the 'no one can hear a silenced gunshot from 2 rooms away tactic'... do you seriously think the games are trying to shoot for realism when making Silenced weapons mechanics?

That's like saying: 'How does someone see through 47's disguise when he has his back to them, and is a distance away?'. The game is obviously not going for realism.
---
Bloody screen... so REAL!
Poppy Bros. Junior! Poppy Bros. Senior!
#5youshallbeasgodPosted 11/23/2012 8:57:12 AM
I know... But this will probably be fixed in the first patch.
---
Relax, it's just a game.
#6E_S_M_ZPosted 11/23/2012 9:27:44 AM
Yes, I've triggered explosions and car alarms from a distance without anyone noticing. If you pop someone in the head, though, people are bound to notice unless the victim is alone. Silenced shots also localize the alert - everyone in the room might hear you, but with an unsilenced bullet, everyone in the compound would have.
---
()xxx[]:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>
The Ghost o' Quakecon Yet To Come
#7Lunacy182Posted 11/23/2012 9:55:58 AM
Really? I use the silencer all the time with no one noticing.
---
The above text is the opinion of the poster.
"How do I screen shot real life?" - Xeeh_Bitz
#8TheDawnRiderPosted 11/23/2012 10:02:20 AM
Lunacy182 posted...

This. I always use them and they seem to do their job for the most part. Which is good, because that's the whole point of having silencers: so the gunshot is almost silent.
#9borrrn(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 10:15:27 AM
TheDawnRider posted...
Lunacy182 posted...

This. I always use them and they seem to do their job for the most part. Which is good, because that's the whole point of having silencers: so the gunshot is almost silent.

played a bit more and it's completely random for me. I'm up to fight night but more often than not even when I'm alone in the room with the victim a headshot/lethal knife throw/kill with melee weapon attracts attention from characters from nearby rooms and... floors. After that it's a matter of seconds before I have a npc (or sometimes even a few) in the room, it's completely absurd.

But since you guys don't have this issue and some others are I wonder what may be the cause :/
---
goin' with the flow
#10KaneOfShadowsPosted 11/23/2012 10:17:36 AM
I haven't had this issue. If you miss a shot that usually attracts guards though.